The Root of All Evil | Teen Ink

The Root of All Evil

November 22, 2011
By Mango777 BRONZE, Glenns Ferry, Idaho
Mango777 BRONZE, Glenns Ferry, Idaho
3 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
\\\"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not self seeking. . .. . It always protects. Always hopes. Always trusts, and always perseveres.\\\" 1 Corinthians 13


Throughout our world’s history, many drastic changes have occurred. The human civilization advanced with economy, architecture, mathematics, science, language, and sometimes, by some miracle, civility towards one another advanced. The history of humanity has had many ages. There were times where men lost their blood, sweat, and their youth to a mirthless Sun beating down their health. They did this to provide for their families, and while doing so, they would endure heartless tyranny. There was war between countries, which seemed to never end, and no one could truly understand why the fighting had started in the first place. Whether it was driven by hate or jealousy, none could possibly tell. There were times in which the blood of a family line was the definition of hierarchy. If one was born to a nobleman and woman, they would grow up in a good home, where worries were few. Then there were times of new beginnings and discovery, where the whole world was in an uproar for the riches a new land could offer. Finally, times came along in which people forgot glory, love, family values, and a sense of hard work and soaked up technology and relaxation, but one thing rings true in every period of our earth’s being. A monstrous Angel of Light ruled all, seeking to destroy and leave all in their own demise, whether it was centered on vanity, hate, jealousy, hope, or even love, money was the reason behind it motivation.

Maybe some would disagree on this belief. In any case, one cannot turn their head from the truth without feeling a sense of guilt. During times of blood and sweat, rich tyrants ran loose, devouring every bit of cash the peasants worked into existence. During times of war, there may have been an open reasoning for the people to belief, but behind it all, money was always a core issue. During times of birth, the name of a nobleman ran directly from his fortune. During times of discovery, the idea of money was the main drive in the government’s efforts. During times of vanity, money was the only way to gain beauty, comfort, happiness, and peace. Yet, every person in history seems to be blinded from the truth. Money is the root of all evil.