30 Days and 30 Letters - Day 2; Your Crush | Teen Ink

30 Days and 30 Letters - Day 2; Your Crush

By LittleInside GOLD, Kearney, Nebraska
LittleInside GOLD, Kearney, Nebraska

"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors." - Jim Morrison

Dear Eli,
I'm not sure you really know how much I care for you. When I heard you suddenly moved two states away this summer, I totally flipped out. It wasn't pleasant. I loved talking to you on Facebook even if it was about nothing. You seemed to be really down to earth even when you started having problems with your mother.
Right now, you're still in Colorado. I haven't talked to you in a long time. You're probably still in love with that other girl too, but I don't really care. If you're happy with her, who am I to judge her? She makes you feel better, and that makes me feel better.

What I really miss the most between us is talking about music. You have some good taste. It could range from old to new to whatever got sucked up and mutilated in between. I know you play an instrument, and I know you're probably good at it too.
What I also miss about you is knowing you will always be able to connect with me on a serious level. You know how the foster care system is. You know how much it can change you, and how slow it is when it comes to solving problems. You understand how confusing it may be when you could be bumped to another home any day now, or your caseworker would suddenly change.

I certainly hope you and your brothers are getting along okay in Colorado. I really want to talk to you again. I just wouldn't know what to say. Probably something along the lines of you being too skinny. Then I'll invite you over to dinner as an excuse to hang out with you and maybe flirt with you. I'll time it just right so you could meet the new missionaries that have moved to Kearney.
One is from Canada now.
Useless fact, but you would be totally interested in that.

BDM

Each day for 30 days, I will post a letter to someone or something. I will start at Day 1, and work my way to Day 30. This idea isn't mine. I saw the idea by a girl on a blog making site called Piczo.

starwriter GOLD, Durango, Colorado

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.
-J. K. Rowling

I love you story!!! It's kinda wierd though I have a friend named Eli too, plus I live in Colorado, but it must just be a concidence. I have to admit this caught my eye though because of that name, some crushes are hard to get over.