Cyber bullying | Teen Ink

Cyber bullying

By Normalgirl BRONZE, Waterbury, Connecticut
Normalgirl BRONZE, Waterbury, Connecticut

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Regular bullying hurts whether physical or emotional I should know, but what everyone seems to fail to understand is that you can’t erase what others post of you on the internet. Once it’s there it’s there. Regular bullying can scar a person forever whether it means hating children or just hating everyone, but cyber bullying can affect people’s lives in the full run. Today the first thing employers look at is your Facebook page, if they see photo shopped photos of you doing a crime or something rude or repulsive they won’t want to hire you. Even if the police get involved and punish the bully you still can’t erase the millions of people who saw the photos thinking they are true and hate you before they even talk to you. After recent studies it turns out not many parents know what to say or do if their kids are cyber bullied… So before you post a mean comment on a school mate’s Facebook page think about this “do you want to ruin this kid’s life forever just because they aren’t as cool as you or because you two had a tiny feud. Is it worth it? Really.”

I was inspired to write this while I was listening to a Three Days Grace song about bullying.