The BEST Guidelines to Makeup and Nail polish! | Teen Ink

The BEST Guidelines to Makeup and Nail polish!

By Alyssa1 BRONZE, Canton, Georgia
Alyssa1 BRONZE, Canton, Georgia

Are you a girl that loves wearing nail polish and makeup but you don’t know how to put it on or don’t want to pay to do it? This guide will give you tips for applying these.
For nail polish; I’m sure a question you asked yourself is; ‘’Is Nail polish healthy?’’ The answer to that is some polish is healthy, for breakage, growth, and strength. If it’s one of these types then it’s advertised on the bottle. Polish with strengthener, breakage relief, or growth has been proven to stay on longer than regular nail polish. Women in ancient Egypt used red nail polish and got the color from henna, which was a plant used to color hair and nails. It was discovered in China around 3000 B.C.
Before applying things to your body or skin, it’s a good idea to know what’s in them. There is no formula for making nail polish; it depends on the ingredients in the formula that company use. The things that are in all nail polish are film forming agents, resins and plasticizers- which is a compound that affects a property of a substance that’s added. Solvents and coloring agents are also added.
The trick to applying nail polish is easy, with clear polish; paint a stroke down the center of your nails from base to tip. Next, paint another single stroke on each side. Keep this coat thin and as even as possible. Finish with another clear coating to protect your nails. To make your own nail polish, get clear nail polish or a white and get a ¼ or ½ teaspoon of your favorite shade of eye shadow. Use an envelope with the tip cut off to use as a funnel. Shake the bottle and see if the color fascinates you. If not, add a mixture of colors until you are satisfied. It takes time and practice. When you have mastered applying it correctly, you can you can start learning how to do funky designs like flowers, tips, butterflies, polka dots, and lots more!
For eye shadow, there’s two ways to apply it; one of which being harder and one being easy. These are called evening eyes and everyday eyes. In eye shadow there’s Polyethylene Terephthalate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Acrylates Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben. Depending on your face type, you can decide if using makeup is right choice you. If you have used makeup before, then you probably remember what your face felt like after taking it off. If your face and felt normal, but when you woke up the next day it was broken out into bumps, then using makeup is not for you. It means that your face is not mature yet. If nothing happens after it’s removed, then you’re okay to use it. You just have to play around with it.
For starters, NO matter what makeup you’re applying, always use a base to cover your face. This base is the closest color to your skin. Take a brush and rub a little powder on your face. This helps makeup stay on your face for a longer time than usual. The tools that you’ll need to apply eye makeup are eyelash curler, makeup remover, eye shadow brush and eye shadow applicators. Starting with the evening eyes, which is a shadowy effect. Apply a neutral eye shadow color on the whole eye until you get to the browbone to match the skin tone. For the upper lid eye liner, take black eyeliner and draw dashes l instead of a line as close to the lashes as possible. With an eyeliner brush smear the dashes together; getting lighter as you move towards your nosebone. A dab of a cream highlighter makes your eye shadow soft and bright. For a finishing touch, place two coats of mascara waiting a minute before applying the second coat.

For everyday eye shadow, the difference in these two types of styles is you put on less eye shadow for everyday wear and it’s also a more natural look. Use a brown eyeliner pencil, draw dashes close to the upper lashes. Using brown instead of black makes your eyes look more natural. Now, apply mascara. If you have short eyelashes, use thickening mascara instead of lengthening. This weighs them down so they appear long. If you want to make your eyes look larger, use a brightening pencil under your bottom lashes. For light skin use a white brightening pencil and for darker skin use a golden-brown pencil. It’s good to use your finger when applying makeup.

Just to spice things up, you may also use a natural looking lip gloss color with a mixture of light brown and soft pink. Now you are ready to rock your new look wherever you go! Just always remember, you NEVER need makeup to look great! Natural beauty is just as great!

I love these two topics! These are things that I do to myself almost everyday and I enjoy doing it.