A Royal Wedding | Teen Ink

A Royal Wedding

May 12, 2011
By Anonymous

On Friday, April 29th a royal wedding took place at Westminster Abbey in London, England. Prince William and Kate Middleton were married at 11:00 am on the 29th. The couple was engaged in October of 2010. Prince William proposed to Kate at Lewa Downs, a 60,000 acre wildlife conservancy in Africa. Personally, I believe that is really romantic because it is a place that they both love.

Kate wore an Alexander McQueen ivory, and white, silk dress. The dress was designed by Sarah Burton and hand sewn by the atelier. Her dress was a V-neck with lace sleeves. The dress is, made of French Chantilly lace and English Cluny lace that was through the bodice, skirt and underskirt. The Royal School of Needlework hand sewed the lace applique. They also individually cut flowers and engineered them onto the ivory dress for the beautiful design which consists of shamrocks, roses, thistle, and daffodil. The dress was quite a beauty and the train was approximately nine feet long. Fifty-eight gazar finished the back of the dress along with organza covered buttons that were fastened with Rouleau loops. The dress looked absolutely stunning on her, but it definitely was not what many people were expecting, I think she made a superfluous choice.
Kate wore a veil that clearly showed her face. It was made of lace, and again had hand cut out flowers that covered it. She wore a Cartier tiara that was given to her by Queen Elizabeth ll. It also was given to Princess Elizabeth for her eighteenth birthday by her mother.
I really enjoyed seeing Kate wear her hair down. Her brunette hair sat very nicely and really looked fabulous for her. For her earrings she didn’t go too big and bulky which I believe was a good choice. She wore diamond oak leaves that had diamond pear shaped set drops. Kate looked absolutely gorgeous on her wedding day.
Prince William also was dressed very handsomely. He wore his red jacket with black trousers, with piping on them to match his jacket. He had recently been announced Colonel of Irish Guards, in the British army. He chose an appropriate choice of clothing on his big day.

Queen Elizabeth ll wore a bright yellow dress with a matching hat. She wore tan colored shoes, and pearl necklace and earrings. She also looked very nice on the big day.
Now enough with what people were wearing, what about Kate’s ring? Kate’s engagement ring was the same one as Princess Diana’s, 14 diamonds that circle a sapphire. Her wedding ring was made from Welsh gold; this was a gift to William from the queen. William chose not to wear a ring.

Kate and William decided to delay their honeymoon and instead stay in the UK. They will later go on a honeymoon, hopefully overseas, with no one around. The couple decided they would like this to be a private trip with no pictures.
All in all, I think the wedding was beautiful and very spectacular. I think outfits were chosen very wisely and that everyone looked great. I think Kate and William will live happily ever after.