MELO GOES TO NEW YORK KNICKS! | Teen Ink

MELO GOES TO NEW YORK KNICKS!

March 7, 2011
By ericap BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York
ericap BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On February 21, 2011 the New York Kicks and The Denver Nuggets came to an agreement that would drastically change face of the NBA. This could possibly be the biggest change of the year and make or break either team. According to Thesportslead.com the Knicks were able to acquire Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman, and Anthony Carter. The Nuggets have received Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov, and Danilo Gallinari. order to keep the Knicks under the Hard Cap, the Minnesota Timberwolves agreed to send Corey Brewer to New York, for Anthony Randolph and receive the expiring contract of Eddy Curry as well as 3 million dollars.

At the end of the day Anthony gets what he wants. He joins the New York Knicks, he gets his extension as well as his wife getting publicity. Earlier this month, talks were getting very heated, when New Jersey Nets owner, Mikhail Prokhorov announced that he would meet with Carmelo in Los Angeles, and that their trading deal was close to complete. Also earlier in the months, there were rumors about the Nets saying a deal could have been done in 24 to 48 hours. Eventually, those deals would fall due to Anthony not wanting to go to New Jersey.

So the Knicks lost six players, and gained six players. The current starting lineup features Billups at point guard, rookie Landry Fields at shooting guard, Melo at small forward, Amar'e at power forward, and Ronny Turiaf at Center. Coming off the bench for the Knicks would be Corey Brewer, Toney Douglas, and Kelenna Azubuike, who has now recovered from his injury, which kept him benched.

For the Nuggets, their projected lineup would be Felton at the point, J.R. Smith at shooting guard, Gallinari at small forward, Kenyon Martin at power forward, and the Nene at center. Wilson Chandler is likely to be the teams 6th man. They claim to see a lot of potential in Gallinari and plan to transform him into a star as a dominant shooter and scorer.