Animals shouldn't be used for testing | Teen Ink

Animals shouldn't be used for testing

March 9, 2011
By Dantone BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Dantone BRONZE, Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine not having a choice and being used for testing without having a say; for everyone this seems like a horrible nightmare but for animals this nightmare is reality. Animals should not be used for testing. They don’t have a voice so they have no way of saying no and testing on animals is wrong in every way possible. This is unfair to the animals because they don’t have a choice. Although animal testing is wrong, it is a good way to make sure the product research is safe before retailing it and letting people use it. Animal testing should not be used because animals have no way of saying no and it is wrong is every way.

Animal testing is wrong because animals can’t say no. What if you weren’t able to say no about being tested on? That’s how animals feel because they have no voice. For example, animals are being taken advantage of. Animals can’t talk so the decision on whether or not to be tested on is already made for them. Animals don’t even get to decide things that are being done to them. As said in an article, “Animals are routinely cut open, poisoned and put into cages for weeks, month, or even year” (Ocean Lu Blog). Animals don’t deserve to have all of these things done to them. Animals also have no say in what gets done to them. Sometimes animals get things that don’t belong in their bodies put into them just to see how they react. They don’t have a say in whether or not they can have these things put into them. As said in an article, “Some animals are even given diseases to see whether a new drug will work or whether it has side effects” (Ocean Lu Blog). Animal testing is wrong because animals have no say and it isn’t fair to them.

Animal testing isn’t fair to the animals because it is wrong in every way possible. For example, testing on animals is abusing an animal. No one likes to be abused so just because an animal isn’t a human doesn’t give people a right to abuse them. As said in an article, “Humans do not have a right to use animals” (Lin). Think about if the shoe was on the other foot. If animals were testing and abusing humans, humans would try and revolt. Animals don’t have that option. Also, animals can die because of the testing that’s brought upon them. Being tested and dying from it is completely wrong. As said in an article, “I find it appalling that five baboons died under the “care” of researchers while at the center” (Hudson). Animals being killed is wrong is every way possible and this killing needs to stop.

Animal testing is a good way to make sure products can be used on a person daily. By testing animals, everyone knows whether or not the product is safe to give out to people. As said in an article, “Animals tests are a must before products coming into markets” (Ocean Lu Blog). To prevent humans from getting sick or dying, testing the product on animals tells researchers if the product is able to be used on humans. It also tells researchers if they need to fix something or change it to make the product better. Also, cures for diseases can be found by testing on animals. As said is an article, “The cure for diseases were found by testing on animals” (Lin). Researchers can find the cure for different diseases by testing on animals. Finding the cure for diseases can help everyone in the long run because people will have a cure. Animal testing can help people by giving them cures and making sure that ever product is safe to use.

Animal testing should not be done because animals don’t have a choice and it is wrong. This is not fair to animals and they are being abused. Also, animals are being taken advantage of and since they don’t have a voice they can’t say no. Although animals are being taken advantage of, they can be used to find cures for different diseases that people may have. Also, animals can make sure that all products are safe before being put on the market. To sum everything up, animals should not be tested on. It is morally wrong and not fair to the animals. They don’t deserve to be taken advantage of; how would you feel if this happened to you?




"Ocean Lu Blog." Web. <http://oceanlu.com/2001/10/15/animals-no-use-in-scientific-research/>.

Hudson, Marianne. "Animals Should Not Be Used for Research." Web. <http://dailyuw.com/1995/12/8/hudson1208/>.

Lin, Doris. "Why It's Wrong to Test on Animals." Web. <http://animalrights.about.com/od/vivisection/aVivisectionFAQ.htm>.