If I Could Go Back In Time | Teen Ink

If I Could Go Back In Time

January 19, 2011
By Noba-chan BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
Noba-chan BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When someone calls you weird, they just can't admit they are weird themselves." - Me


I wish I could go back in time to when Hitler was about to apply for the art college. Even though he turned out to be a horrible person I have to feel some sympathy for his rejection of his application. I too have a aspiration to be an artist and go an art college so I can kind of feel sad for him in the sense that because he was rejected from a college and wanted to express himself through art as a lifestyle, which is what I like to do on a daily basis. If I could go back to when he wanted to be an artist I would encourage him and help him with his art and in turn, if he was good artist, he could help me. I surprise myself that I am sympathizing with someone who was to become one of the most hated people in the world and an iconic figure of Anti-Semitism. I would tell him that even if they would reject him there are other places out there that could accept him and satisfy his want to be an artist. I think that if I could go back in time and encourage his goal to become an artist, I would deeply hope that it would prevent the senseless massacre of innocents. Maybe it would also prevent World War II from even occurring. Possibly because if he would’ve been accepted by an art college he would not have joined the German Army and gotten involved in Germany at all. He would not have become part of the Nazi Party, wouldn’t have become leader of Germany.


The author's comments:
In my American History class we had twenty minutes to write about what we thought about Hitler or anything about WWII.
And my thoughts drifted to what would've happened if he hadn't have been rejected from the art college he wanted to go to.