What is a Patriot | Teen Ink

What is a Patriot

What is Patriotism. The Dictionary defines a Patriot as a person who vigorously supports there country and will defend it against enemy’s or detractors. When people think about patriots they either think the revolutionary soldiers or the football team. What I think a patriot is a person who goes out to work at their every day jobs. Think of it this way, a sandwich maker serve food to a lumberman who cuts down a tree. That tree is sent to a factory were a worker cuts it into paper. That paper sold by a sales person to a printer company which turns to a flyer supporting the army.

Where would we be if it wasn’t for the patriots of America. If we didn’t have patriots than there would be hardly anyone to fight in wars, politicly and in combat. People wouldn’t care. In fact we probably wouldn’t have won all those wars. We would be British. That one reason why it’s good to be celebrate patriots. There not some of Americans there all of them.

The reason why we celebrate veterans is to honer patriots. So by doing that we celebrate America. Like I said in the last paragraph everything we do can help the veterans of today and tomorrow. My brother is in the Army. He is a patriot for fight in a war. If he didn’t have the proper training he might be dead. That’s one of the ways we can help patriots to be patriots.

I think another way to show patriotism is by believing in our country and experiencing freedom. Believing that it can make a difference. The reason why everyone comes here is they want freedom. By believing in our government those immigrants are patriots. But, we still have to experience being free to be a patriot.

I want to conclude this essay by saying we should respect patriots because we all have a little or a lot of patriotism inside us. We all can help and we all do help. A wise man once said “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” I’m glad we celebrate Veterans Day.