What About Love? Why is it Dangerous? | Teen Ink

What About Love? Why is it Dangerous?

By WritingQueen101 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
WritingQueen101 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

'If life gives you lemons, throw them back.' 'The worse the situation, the better the outcome.' 'Sometimes, when you're in the dark, you don't know when you're falling.'

I’ve been told a few times how love is so innocent. However, it is not. Only those who are under love’s spell may say so because those who aren’t under the spell aren’t blind to what love can do. Love can be a touchy subject, especially around Valentines Day. I’m guessing that’s where the myth of Cupid and his ‘magic’ arrows of love got started. Love isn’t something to play with. ‘Hate’ is usually expressed as a strong word but what about love? Humans act as though love isn’t powerful or damaging but when you think on it, what has been ruined by love? What has love gotten in the way of? Let’s see, friendships, family relationships, good work ethics, and thoughts. Just thinking about the person whom you ‘love’ can cause you to become obsessed, distracted, stressed, or weak. When you love someone, you give them your heart and put it in their hands. You are putting your trust in them that they will not crush your heart or tear it apart. But some people just don’t think of the effects, and they fling themselves at the other person, believing that that person loves them too much to ever leave them. That’s where problems begin. You become obsessed, you throw yourself at them, your heart is sitting on your shoulder, just waiting to be thrown off and stepped on. Obsession controls the mind and suddenly you can’t be without them and you abandon all your friends and family to be with them. This obsession gives them so much power over you. They can make you cry, depressed, angry, bitter or anything else they want to make you. Young foolishness can cause so many problems and issues. I’m a teenager like a lot of you, but you have to realize that love is dangerous and only give your love to someone you’ve known for a while, some you trust, other people trust and won’t get carried away. Believe me, listen to me and maybe you’ll realize the same thing. Love is good to have. But you have to use it and handle it the right way.

This was something that I realized not too long ago. It may seem dramatic to you, but it's all real. Love can be damaging but wonderful. It basically depends on how you handle it.

MAGGIE said...
on Dec. 10 2010 at 9:53 am

I give this article 5 stars but it only let me put 1 star. This is a wonderful piece.