Bullying Kills | Teen Ink

Bullying Kills

By AshesWillFall BRONZE, Wylie, Texas
AshesWillFall BRONZE, Wylie, Texas

"Be you. You are great!" -Lisa Noel Ruocco.

Lies, a thousand, perfect, uncut lies.

Of course, it wasn’t as if she could stop them now. They had gotten too far out of hand.

It was a small rumor, just a small joke, she tries to explain.

But that doesn’t matter to the victim, to the onlookers, anybody.

All that matters is that she started it, and she ruined somebody’s life because she was trying to fit in.

And look how well that worked out for her.

I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again, she reasons.

Again, nobody listens.

Had she not spread that lie to one person, one person who she knew would tell, she wouldn’t be in this mess, she wouldn’t be feeling this guilt, this… shame.

And maybe -just maybe- had she not added on, and made things worse, maybe that boy would still be alive today.

Bullying kills.

on Mar. 12 2012 at 10:06 am
micol guillen, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
These is really bad, even a little joke can harm someone. Always be yourself, don't try to "fit in" because it might lead to bad consequences like in this case. Be carful in the things you say because some people takes it seriously and don't get the "jokes" others make. And try to include people that are left out, even the littlest things makes a difference.

on Mar. 8 2012 at 9:44 pm
CarolineAnwobor, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
THIS IS SO TERRIBLE. In life we all tryed to fit in with the other people that are knowed as the cool kids or the popular kids. I dont blame the girl for trying to fit in with the other kids but then again the boy wouldn't have died if the girl didnt start the rumor she did. BULLY is a BAD thing to do. BE YOURSELF AND STOP TRYING TO FIT-IN OTHERS.

on Mar. 8 2012 at 2:22 pm
afanukoe juliette, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
 I think it's horrible and could be completely avoided. People are bullies because they want to feel better about themselves. nd in the other hand i think the situation could have been handle differently . nd i know the girl mess up everything by trying to fit in but is something we cannot change or bring the boy back to life. and pretty sure the girl fell guilty and ashame right now .therefore we all should stand up and stop bullies beacuse it could happen to anyone. 

on Mar. 7 2012 at 5:22 pm
Bridget Forson, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
ohh wow, this is just sad how one person can destory another person's life by jus saying one thing that will hurt them for life and even kill their sevles. If she didn't have to try so hard to fit in, the boy would be a alive and that girl won't even be in this mess that she made for her self