Sticks abd Stones May Break My Bones but Words Will Always Hurt Worse

Did you ever hear that saying? "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."
Who came up with that stupid saying? It's a complete lie. What's worse is that this saying forces people to act like it's actually true. Well, Earth to reality...it's NOT. Words hurt, no matter how small they are. The same why a simple"Hey" or "You look nice today" can make a whole person's day better, a "Waht do you thinking you're doing" and "You're so stupid" can make their day take a turn for the worse.
You hear about it everyday. About how people who were bullied and talked about committed suicuide. I mean, a few months ago there was a talk show about how a girl hung herself in her own closet because of the result of cyber bullying. And the sad part about it was that she was only thirteen. She had her WHOLE life ahead of her. And her story is considered "normal" beacause it happens almost everyday.So I just say that that saying has to go somewhere, be erased, taken out of people's minds, because it's not true. Words hurt.ANd sometimes they even KILL. So I just want everyone to think about that...

SKSK1214 said...
Very true. And just in the same way words can hurt, words can make a difference if people who think like you speak up as you did! Keep Writing!

crazieeone replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 8:52 am :
Wow. I loved that you picked something real to write about. Everything you said was true. It was very powerful. Good job.