Chemistry Of Love | Teen Ink

Chemistry Of Love

By Missy17 SILVER, Eatontown, New Jersey
Missy17 SILVER, Eatontown, New Jersey

"Nature is only as beautiful as people ever hope to be"

Living begins and develops affection for others because of a unique chemical reaction in their bodies. Love is a chemical reaction, like the beer brewing stalk, which charges up certain chemicals, endorphins inside your body to make you feel good. Goose bumps, sinking and choking of the heart, dry mouth, lost speech, blushing cheeks, tremble in legs are all responses induced chemically.
Feeling good is an individual response determined by cultural social and environmental factors. Setting aside the Aristotelian argument of what should make you feel good versus what does make you feel good, we can begin our disscussion with the observation that if it did make you feel good, you will want more of it. It is similar to the addiction od an opium junky except now your own body manufactures opium.
We continually exude through the billions of pores on our skin and through the breath, the volatile chemicals, the pheromones. These unique chemicals enter our bodies of those around us without them realizing of this chemical courtship, influence each others behavior by generating odorous substances, which signal sexual interest, danger and such. With each exposure you become more dependent on this "feeling good" response. Even when it is love at first sight pheromones invoke positive responses. When it becomes strong we begin to expierence withdraw, we call ourselves having fallen in love. Saying you cannot live without them, someone starts to make sense like an alcoholic cannot live withhout their bottle, missing someone not around is a mild form of withdraw. Loved ones living apart for a long time lose their affection. Even when the chemicals courtship continues.
It all begins with dancing of chemicals in the air. It is the chemicals in the air that create the close boarding between a child and a mother , it is the chemical i the air that makes a man run away with anoither woman and it is the chemicals in the air thar force a woman to kill her husband for indefideity. Chemicals, chemicals on the wall, who is the most infacturating of all