Music We ALL Love! | Teen Ink

Music We ALL Love!

By MusicIsMyLife2013 GOLD, Westminster, Maryland
MusicIsMyLife2013 GOLD, Westminster, Maryland

"Live life likes its your last day."

What has music become today. I mean I enjoy listening to it, nice beat, and catchy lyrics. But what are you really singing? A song about a beautiful day? Nope. Hate to say it but most of the cool songs these days are about sex, girls being used, heart break, and drugs. The adults of the world want us to not do things like this until were “of legal age”. But with songs like “Clothes Off” (Gym Class Heros), and “Bedrock” (Young Money), kids aren’t going to do the right thing. They’re going to find out what the songs really about, then going to want to do what the song says because it’s the “cool thing”, when really all it leads you to is failure, unless you’re a lucky one. What happened to the songs about finding love and keeping it like “Kiss The Girl” (Little Mermaid)? There aren’t many I know about so I can’t think of another song. We all enjoy listening to Lil’ Wayne, B.o.B, Jamie Fox, Gym Class Heros, Fergie, Pussycat Dolls, even Britney Spears. But what are they really singing about?

I have nothing against the music these days, my favorite song that i randomly sing in class is, "Im In Love With A Stripper" :))