Drake | Teen Ink

Drake

By tennismania420 BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia
tennismania420 BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia

Aubrey Drake Graham was born October 24, 1986 in Toronto, Canada. Drake was a rapper, singer, and actor. Many people think Drake is only a singer because of his famous songs. He has preformed in many movies and television shows.

Drake was the dad of Dennis Graham who was a drummer who eventually worked with Jerry Lee Lewis. Drake’s dad was an African American from Memphis, Tennessee. On the other side his mom was an educator who was from Canada like him. Sadly his parents divorced and he stayed with his mom. They went back up to Canada to stay there while his dad lived in Tennessee. Drake went to elementary and middle school at Forest Hill Public School. Later he went to high school at Forest Hill Collegiate Institute but he did not graduate so he dropped out.

During his acting career Drake played in a lot of movies and television shows such as Charlie Bartlett, Blue Murderer, Degrassi, Soul Food, Conviction, Best Friend’s Date, Border, Sophie, and Beyond the Break. The most successful one was Degrassi which 9 episodes unlike the other shows.

In the start of 2006 Drake decided to start his music career with new songs. His first mixtape was released in February 2006 and the song was called Room for improvement. Later the next year he released another mixtape called Replacement Girl. That song also had another singer and his name was Lil Wayne. Soon later Drake became a part of Lil Wayne’s group, Young Money. Drake and Lil Wayne made many songs together like New Joint of the Day, and a remix of Man of the Year.
On February 13, 2009 Drake released his third official mixtape. The song was so far gone; it had more than just two singers. The singers were Lloyd, Drake, Lil Wayne, and Trey Songz. The song was tremendously successful that it received 2,000 downloads in 2 hours. Soon enough he came out with two more mixtapes that were better. They were Best I Ever Had and Successful. It was said that Successful was the greatest song of 2009. Drake worked with many other singers such as Lil Wayne, Jay-z, Young, Timbaland, Birdman, Trey Songz and Jamie Foxx.
Drake was only the second singer to have two mixtapes at top ten positions. Best I Ever Had and Every Girl, they were located at 3 and 10. The other singer that had two mixtapes in the top ten position was Nelly Furtado. On June 29, 2009 it was confirmed that Drake signed a deal with the young money entertainment crew. Drake was invited to go on the tour of America’s Most Wanted with Lil Wayne. On July 31, 2009 while Drake was performing Best I Ever Had he slipped on the stage and fell on his knee that was already injured. He had to get surgery on September 9, 2009 for a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Soon Drake recovered and started to work with Alicia Keys.
Other than entertainment Drake has an outside like many other people. There was a rumor on the internet that Drake and Rihanna were in a relationship. When it came down to get the answer both of them said that it wasn’t true. Drake said they are just good friends. Drake is a big fan of the Kentucky Wildcats and a friend of the head coach, John Calipari. Drake made an appearance at the University of Kentucky men’s basketball event.
Drake is a great singer and actor; he has won many awards and nominations. They are best rap song, best rap solo performance, best new artist, record of the year, lyricist of the year, track of the year, rookie of the year, MVP of the year, and best hip-hop act. Drake is one of the best entertainers in the world.

I like Drake

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:44 pm
Jackiehernandezz SILVER, Sacramento, California

"A day without laughter is a day wasted..." Charlie Chaplin

hes a freaking legend i love is music ive watched all the episodes of degrassi, he keeps getting better and better.

on Apr. 13 2016 at 10:16 am
BGIRL4LIFE BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

"I WAS BORN TO MAKE MISTAKES, BUT NOT FAKE PERFECTION"-DRIZZY DRAKE

@tennismania420 I'M A HUGE FAN OF DRAKE

jordananoo said...
on Jan. 11 2012 at 8:27 am
i only read for school

Esco14 said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 12:24 pm
Esco14, Farmers Branch, Texas

"They say chose wisely, that's why i was chosen."- Lil Wayne

I like the article because i got to know a little bit more about Drake and it is a very informative peice of writing.