Do Your Jeans Hang Low? | Teen Ink

Do Your Jeans Hang Low?

By Andre Browne BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Andre Browne BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

One of America’s biggest issues today has to be sagging pants. It seems as if it has been a problem since its arrival on the scene. In society today, sagging is seen as immoral and improper. However, these statements are as inadequate as the new healthcare bill. Crazy claims such as “No one wants to see your underwear!” always makes me question about a world with just a tad bit of tolerance.

I believe and choose to defend the rights of people who choose to sag their pants because of all of the ignorance surrounding sagging. Believe it or not, sagging is more comfortable at times then “properly” pulled up jeans. Nothing can compare to the cool breeze in the spring air. People tend to say, “Pull up your jeans man, that’s disgusting!” Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no one is forcing you or anyone else to stare at my behind. Anyway, some cases you cannot see the person’s underwear. There actually is a thin line between sagging and having your pants pulled down. If a person is sagging, his/her back pockets are positioned slightly lower than usual. However, a person is not sagging if he/she underwear can be clearly seen.

Maybe I’m just a believer in eradicating ignorance, but it’s about time people begin to use their best judgment. Remember what your kindergarten teacher told you, “Think before you speak.”

570-895-4721
Tobyhanna, PA 18466
3610 Devon Rd

A lot of people seemingly have a problem with young boys sagging their pants. So I decided that this topic would stir good conversation within my classroom and hopefully, abroad.