Should the starting time for school be changed from 8:00am to 8:45am? | Teen Ink

Should the starting time for school be changed from 8:00am to 8:45am?

March 31, 2010
By Ny&#39Asia Powell BRONZE, Jersey City, New Jersey
Ny&#39Asia Powell BRONZE, Jersey City, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Should the starting time for school be changed to 8:45? Heck Yeah! Students that live out of school district shouldn’t have to rush to school.

Most students at uachs has to either take the bus or the lightrail.Sometimes that 5min wait turns into 15-20mins.the reason why they are taking so long is maybe because they either pull out the garage late, a worker calls out at the last min,they sometimes break down or even its due to bad weather.

Many students have younger siblings to take to school and barely make it to school at 8:00.But this issue is only because younger students start school at 8:30.This issue is a big problem at uachs. I am against starting school at 8:00 in the morning.

Principal mr.lugo might say it’s a good thing we begin class at 8:00 because we dismiss earlier than other high schools which can prevent conflicts with other neighboring schools. But I disagree because altercations still starts at neighboring schools because students at uachs are out earlier so they can just go to the other neighboring schools and start with them.


Uachs should start school at 8:45 and we should be able to at least try and not start conflict with any other schools. We should at least act more mature if we have the chance to start school at 8:45

The author's comments:
this is my opinion on if my school starting time should be changed