GDL Requirments | Teen Ink

GDL Requirments

By ewojtkowski BRONZE, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
ewojtkowski BRONZE, Sewickley, Pennsylvania

These new GDL requirements have some laws that could be beneficial to our teen drivers and some that will not. First not allowing kids to drive at night would only hurt the kids in the long run because they will have to do it eventually; so why not practice it with a permit and an experienced driver to guide them. These bereft children will not be ready for the night time driving. Second, kids need practice driving while having people in the car this is a critical skill for a driver to have and is one that should be learned earlier rather than later. Third, of course kids are going to repine about no cell phone use but it is a law that should be enforced. If states choose to rise the licensing age to 18 then I support them, it is wise to help the teens develop more as drivers. But the government should not chide and plunder the states that choose not to comply. The new GDL requirements are ones that can help teens be safe now but in turn will only hurt them in the end by depriving them of the skills they need to learn at a young age.

It was an english mid-term