Death | Teen Ink

Death

By hairmetal_303 BRONZE, Pleasant Grove, Utah
hairmetal_303 BRONZE, Pleasant Grove, Utah

Guns can not be outlawed
Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. They want to outlaw guns but, that’s a very bad idea. Criminals will have their guns even its illegal it does not matter to them at all. People that obey the law will not have them to protect them selves from those who do have guns that are going to rob them or kill them so they are out of luck. I see their idea if you outlaw guns the gun crimes will go away this is not true it’s not that easy.

Criminals are going to break the laws, that is what they do and those are the people that kill other people with firearms. Out of automobile accidents, falls, poisoning by solids and liquids, drowning, fires and burns, choking, firearms, and poising by gases, the firearms are 7th on the list. Most of the murders and gun crimes are during drug deals gone bad and criminal activities. It is not normal people doing it most of the time.

Outlawing guns will cause more danger than safety for the normal people. Criminals will have guns and law abiding citizens will not, and they will have no protection against them or to protect them. This makes it easier for criminals to kill people because they do not have to worry about people having guns to protect themselves, According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994, the rate of Defensive Gun Uses can be projected nationwide to approximately 2.5 million per year in this country a defense gun is used every 1.3 minutes and 15.7 % of defense gun carriers said if they have not used their gun for defense someone would have ended up wounded or killed. In 83.5 % of these cases the attacker either threatened or used force first and in 91.7 % of these cases the attacker was not wounded of killed. So as iv been saying the normal people don’t commit these gun crimes and the normal person is the one that buys the gun legally.

I see what they think will happen if they outlaw guns, they think no more guns no more crime. It does not work that way, it is not that easy and criminals do not purchase guns lawfully so in that aspect they are only hurting the law abiding citizens. What they need to do is make it harder to buy the guns from the stores for example do more extended background checks and be able to refuse to sell guns to anyone that looks suspicious.

If you consider my points, reasons and facts, you will see the problems outlawing guns would cause. What I am trying to get stuck in your mind is criminals are going to do what they want and when they want and outlawing guns is not going to affect them they will find the guns somehow. People that obey the laws will be in more danger because of outlawing guns. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please conceder these points, facts and reasons.