Midterm Essay | Teen Ink

Midterm Essay

By andreweck BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
andreweck BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Midterm Essay

I think that this law will have negative impacts on teenagers. I think so because of the jobs they have. In the article it was saying they were trying to eschew accidents. Well, I think it will also have an impact on sports and school. I think this because there are so many teenage drivers these days that drive to school, sports and even work. Even though students or teenagers can take a bus to school I think it will have negative impacts.

Teenagers drive around everywhere these days whether it’s to work or to the mall. If they change the driving age to eighteen, this will be a big negative impact on teenagers. It seems that GDL is subsiding teenagers from driving. The jobs for teenagers will be diminutive because a lot of teenagers drive to work because their parents may be busy or even have work also.

Some teenagers these days are improvident about driving and just disobey the laws. Sometimes I see this myself whenever I am going to sports or even school. So to table this law is not always a good thing. Teenagers will not have as many jobs because they wouldn’t be able to drive to work. So I think that this law should not happen even though accidents could occur.