Cutting

By , Wichita, KS
I used to be a cutter. I would slice my wrists and my thighs even my sides. I was verbally abused and two of my closest bestfriends commited suicide. I lost my self and the cutting helped. I want everyone to know that if you cut yourself it is okay. don't be afraid to tell someone, becuase Cutting is not healthy. you may think it helps. Don't get me wrong it does but only for a while. There are things that can take the place of it such as writing.

wind.and.rain.again said...

this is so true. thanks. i cut and its not serious, but i feel so stupid knowing that i have the ability to stop but i still cut myself. then i have to lie to my friends and i dont know how to let this go. any possible advice u could give would be amazing. thanks so much

also, i am really glad that u found something to take the place of cutting. it seems like u have had to go through a lot of tough places and im so glad there are people like u that can come out of hard times and be abl... (more »)

wind.and.rain.again replied...
sorry for the repeat

Bonjo said...
Hi. I am actually a mom of a cutter. She is 13 and she confided in me 3 weeks ago. I am a teacher and should be able to deal with any situation, but when it's your own, it's difficult. I listen to her and have made an appointment for counseling. Any other suggestions?

Sammyjayx3 replied...
Hi, i had to do a 6 month on project on this topic. You should just always be there for her and still trust her.

wind.and.rain.again replied...
i cut and when i told my mom she signed me up for counsiling too. the counsilor i saw was very profesional-like and wasnt very emotionally involved. I know thats how counsilors are supposed to be but it didnt help very much. whats really important is to have someone who you know cares about u to talk to about cutting. someone who u trust. also, my mom often nagged me about cutting. at least for me it would have been easier if she had acknowledged that i cut and then told me she still trusted me ... (more »)

xRainxKissx replied...
Yes, I used to be a cutter as well, never FORCE someone to therapy or counseling, that makes it worse(or it did for me) if your daughter wants therapy then obviously  do! But one more thing, never make it seem like you don't care or it's not important that sucks, just because she does have a counseler that dosen't mean she dosen't need you.....thats alll, hopes this helps! GOOD LUCK!