If I won the lottery

The lottery isn’t just a simple gambling game. Its enables you to jump straight into the upper class. It’s a one dollar ticket to all of the luxurys of the world, and all you need to win it all with just some luck.

If I won the lottery I would most certainly pay for a college education for myself. I would likely study biology as natures collusion has always peaked my curiosity. The furtive physiology of even the simplest creature is astounding. A simple insect has many tales to tell of it’s ancestry, origins, habitat and more!

I would set up a scholarship with some of the money. I would make sure it caters to the indigent. Neglect and indifference surrounds our low income neighbors. Their suppliance falls on empty ears all too often.

I could make sure my family is well tended to. I would settle all debts and make sure they have enough money to live the rest of their lives in ease. I would pay for food, bills, education and extravagant amenities for everyone. My grandfather would get a maid that he’s always wanted. My mother that shop that sells things of whimsy. My dad that twenty-thousand dollar telescope he’s raved about. Everything will be paid for!

I might run for office as a politician, as president maybe? I would try to mend the general populace’s misanthropy for all things government. I would end the covert greed and corruption that underlines our political system. Gone would be the days of haphazard war and bloodshed as domestic growth and an increase in the quality of our education system would be the basis for my presidency.

All of my dreams and aspirations could be achieved if I won the lottery. All of my worries would be a thing of the past. The old adage money can’t buy happiness doesn’t seem to apply in our times where there’s a price on everything.

Can't_talkRN said...
Hi, so I have an essay duo to tomorrow and I kinda ''borrowed'' your sentences, for example, I started the essay with 'the lottery is a one dollar bill to all the luxuries of the world', what does that line mean? Like, it gives you a chance to the luxuries of the world??

Kathy16005 replied...
This isn't my essay, but I think what the author means by that phrase is that the lottery is an easy way to get all the luxuries of the world. Unlike the "usual" ways of getting rich (ex. owning a successful business, being a professional athlete, or celebrity etc.) winning the lottery doesn't require much work.