Christians going through the Motions | Teen Ink

Christians going through the Motions

As a look around my church I see all the people singing and worshiping god and, saying they are Christians. However half of them do not commit they are just going through the motions. There are some people how say they are Christian but do not live up to it.

Last Sunday when I was in church; a man sitting next to me started to lip sing a prayer the rest of the church was saying aloud. This true Christian thought it best to pretend to sing a song he didn’t know. However when I started talking to my friend he turn around and told me to pay attention. I guess it was more important to appear to be a Christian then to actually be one.

What about the Christians that commit to god; If thesis pious be are Christians then the people how actually commit must be even holeyer. The fake Christians actually correct others more often then the true Christians do. Do thesis men have to prove to people that they are better even if their not.

Many of them wont go to church once a week like is said to in the bible. How this is one of the rules of being a Christian but they still say they are Christian. They pray but don’t know the prayers because they have never bin to the house of god on the Sabetha. And if they have never bin to church then they have never bin to confession. How is it that thesis holy men so pure in their ways never have bin forgiven four their sins.

soccer_star4GOD SILVER, Bradford, Kentucky

I agree with SerenityRose...

see, though goimg through the motions is bad, God uses this time to learn from. for example, last year i just totally fell away from God and did my own thing, but when i was at rock bottom, thats when i realized I needed Him the most. I then turned away from my own path and gave God control again.

I look back, regretting the things I did when I was away from God, but ive taken my mistakes and have learned soo much from them, and now im able to help my friends :)

God can turn anything into something good- remember that

SerenityRose said...
Don't be so sure that "going through the motions" is always a negative thing. Some people need a little more time in developing their faith... You need to be patient and don't judge! Those who you consider "Fake" may be the ones trying the hardest to connect with God.