A Night at the Mansion | Teen Ink

A Night at the Mansion

By Jordanh1205 BRONZE, Indianapolis , Indiana
Jordanh1205 BRONZE, Indianapolis , Indiana

Thursday Morning Carter J. Smith was dared to stay the night at a forbidden mansion in town. There was a massacre at the mansion in 1943 no one knows if the bodies are there or not. He was known for being a coward when it came to this stuff but one day he was tired of the name calling.
Carter and his brother laid on their floor in their room playing video games. Carter told Tony that he was ready for the party, Tony got up and they left. Tony was 17 and Carter was 15, no one knew that Carter was coming to the party but Tony insisted because he needs to make friends. Carter’s nickname around town was “CC (Carter the coward)” because he wimped out when it came time to do something big or scary. Tonight was the night Carter would try to change his nickname and make friends. Samantha and Carter were talking all night, dancing and having fun. Then, everyone started playing truth or dare, Carter was dared to go stay the night at the Mansion across the street. The mansion is nicknamed “Nightmare on 10th street” 40 people died in the mansion. Carter refused to do it and everyone started to call him CC even his own brother.
Carter got up and said that he would do it, but little did he know that it wouldn’t be easy. Tony got up and chased telling him no and not to do it but Carter had enough. He grabbed a blanket, a pillow, and a pair of clothes and left. Walking all the way to 10th street because his brother won’t take him. CC was echoing down the street everyone was screaming it, he stopped at the gate and looked up. The mansion was horrifying, it was run down, pieces missing from the roof. As you walk up there is a smell that makes you wanna vomit. Your body quivers, you gag and then you hunch over. The odor is indescribable, he believes it’s the smell of dead bodies and blood. Carter is now sitting down in front of the rusty fence.  He’s getting in his own head thinking about everything bad that could happen. He finally walks in, the door slowly creeks behind him and then a gust of wind slams it shut.
Carter had an unsettling feeling in his gut like he wasn’t supposed to be there. It got dark and he went to sleep.

Carter J. Smith was slaughtered in the “Nightmare on 10th street” late sunday night. He was dared by his friends and he went and stayed the night. The blood was everywhere, on the walls, the ceiling, the floors and the basement. The police found hundreds of missing kids but none were living. 

Carter wakes up to a loud bang and he thinks it’s Tony and his friends. He lays back down but something grabs his leg and yanks him. He screams and yells but no one was around, he gets free and starts running. His heart pounding he hid, all he could hear was his heart beat. He doesn’t know what grabbed him but he hid and stayed low. The beast breathed slow but heavy as he trudged through the house, his feet hit the ground with a loud *thud*. Carter in the panic mood he’s in, he runs falling through the floor to the basement cutting his leg on glass. He lands on what he thinks is cushions but he looks over and it’s bodies and he throws up next to them. The beast hears him and sprints down stairs, Carter lays in the dead bodies as a costume. His breath heavy trying to hold it because of the stench of dead bodies, he gives his cover away. The beast grabs him, throws him through the hole in the floor and making him hit a spike in the ceiling. Carter got impaled  in the leg, same leg he cut it with the glass. The monster yanks him off the spike and pulls out a chainsaw, cutting the wall down so he can have something to tie Carter to.
Carter is screaming in agony but no one is around to help, as he lies on the table he thinks of the memories he had with his family. The beast slowly chops off his arms, Carter lays in pain but doesn’t say a word. He lets it happen he couldn’t stop it from happening, he finally sees a light and with a teardrop running down his face Carter dies on the makeshift table. His family is devastated, the cops were looking for someone but never found the beast. Carter was remembered for being athletic, smart, funny, and cool. Carter was murdered on June 18, 1978.

Carter J. Smith and 16 other kids have found justice. The murderer has been found, Jeffrey Dahmer has been found guilty of 17 counts of murder. He charged 15 consecutives lives in jail. Carter J. Smith and 16 other families can lay asleep knowing no one will be next.

The thing that inspired me the most were horror movies. They are so fun to watch and write.