Reality | Teen Ink

Reality

During the night,  Jace heard a loud noise coming from is basement “Just go back to sleep.” he thought but he all he could think about was that noise he kind thought it sounded like someone talking but he could not make it out. He closed his eyes and covered his ears but still heard it. He decided to check it out, he got out of his bed and slowly walk out of his room and began to tiptoe to the stairs where the sound was coming from. It got louder and louder. He began to try to come up with the courage to check out the noise. He took a step but the now the sound was was louder. He could hear mumbled words, but what he was saying he didn’t know. His heart was beating very hastily now. He took another step. Wondering if he should call someone to help him but he did not. He took more steps there were only two more until he came down all the way to the basement. He took one of the final steps and all of sudden, the noise was gone. He waited again no noise he left and went back to bed but right before he went back to sleep he heard it again. He could no longer take he ran downstairs ready to do whatever he had to figure out what it was. He ran down there expecting to have to fight someone in his household but suddenly he awoke from a dream, he was happy that it was over and that it wasn’t real he went and got a drink of water and went back to sleep right when he was about to fall asleep he heard something coming from his basement.