Not A Utopia | Teen Ink

Not A Utopia

By awestfall BRONZE, Cutler, Ohio
awestfall BRONZE, Cutler, Ohio

Creativity is just intelligence having fun.

"I miss the days where I was younger.”

I said to myself as I sat on the long wooden dock that was by the water. I missed running around the yard with no shoes and being carefree. I miss swimming in this beautiful lake with my family and friends. The night I stayed up looking at the night sky that was freckled with stars. How the moon would shine brighter here than it did in the city because of the flashing lights. I miss the fact that I could just sit on my hammock or tire swing with a good book in hand. I missed the innocence I had back then. And the way I was so absentminded to the world. My younger life was like a utopia, everything was good and okay, but now it is not.

My life is a wreck and so am I. Everything that was ever important to me just disappeared with a blink of my eye. I never felt such emptiness in my life. Life was just not exciting to me anymore. I don’t run in the yard or look at the stars. I stayed inside not caring what is outside the front door. My life was taken away by this voice inside my head. It tells me everything around me is a lie. That the stars are not real, or the book I read are just nonsense. My parents didn’t care about me or loved me. The voice took over my thinking and destroyed my innocence. But I want it back, so I decided to fix it.

I heard the sirens coming from down the ride before they reach the house. I just sat there and waited for them as they got louder each second. I stared at the water of the lake and through bread for the ducks. The sirens where finally loud enough that told me they were close behind me. I stood up as I heard the footsteps on the ground. I put my hands up and look into the water. In the water was my parents floating with their back up. I was finally going to not be controlled by the voice inside my head. I was finally free again.