Doors | Teen Ink

Doors

By ameliasmith BRONZE, Fairbanks, Alaska
ameliasmith BRONZE, Fairbanks, Alaska

As I walk around in this maze of hallways and doors, I think to myself, “how the hell did I get here?” The last thing I remember was getting home from work to chance my clothes, some moron dumped their soda on me, and then I opened my front door and then everything went black and i woke up here. I’ve been in these hallways for hours and I haven't seen a single soul. I think I’m just going in circles at this point. I decided I should start going through doors. So I tried one. It opened to another hall. So I opened another door. To another hall. And another. And another. I went through countless doors until I accidentally, I went through one that said “For Authorized Personnel Only”. And through that door. I found. A human sized tarantula hopping around playing mariachi music.

This piece was assigned in my creative writing class as a ten minute writing piece in a journal that had to somehow include three specific words, soda, For Authorized Personel Only, and tarantula. Everyone in class submitted one story from thier journal, I submitted this one, and I won first place out of the class.