Smart Fugitive | Teen Ink

Smart Fugitive

March 15, 2018
By EvanSc21 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
EvanSc21 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was running away from the law not knowing where to hide. Then it hit me I would run to an Amish community.  No electronics, no cameras, perfect hideout.  After a lot of searching I finally found one, out in the country there was one.  Shoot, what was I gonna wear my clothes which were sweatpants, sneakers, and a Chicago Bulls T-Shirt were way too modern for them. I decided that I will just say that I was wanting to convert to Amish yeah that would work I thought to myself.  I carefully went up to the first house I saw.  I went and knocked on the door.  Coming! I heard a voice from inside running to the door.  The old wooden door flew open almost hitting me “Sorry about that” says a tall middle-aged man the door been bad for years.  I have never had a chance to fix it, anyway what can I help you with?  Hi, do you perhaps have room for one other person?  I am looking to convert to Amish so could I perhaps stay with you.  Well, gee I have to see the kid I don’t know.  Please, I begged.  Well okay, I guess you could stay with me.  Thank you, I said cheerfully.


The author's comments:

Writing makes me sad