Ghost Town | Teen Ink

Ghost Town

By luke16482 BRONZE, Elyria, Ohio
luke16482 BRONZE, Elyria, Ohio

You asked for my hustle, so I gave you my heart

Drip, Drip, Drip. I look over at my alarm clock as it read 3:43 A.M. Drip, Drip, Drip, Whoosh. A cold breeze blows in through my window and attacks my uncovered toes. Drip, Drip, Drip. I look into the darkness of my room as an unpleasant feeling rolls over me. Why is the water running? As I jump out of bed the darkness engulfs me into a black world. As I walk through the darkness, I feel as if someone is watching me through the darkness. I slowly make my way the bathroom and find the lightswitch. Flick. I turn it on and see that my bathroom is filled with little flies. Zip, Zip. I watch and listen closely as I see them swirling around my bathtub. I open the curtains to find a small drip coming from the tub. It is not water. It is a dark red, blood. It smell is as strong as can be. I hurry out of the bathroom and look out my window. The moon has gone blood red, the streetlights flicker, and all of a sudden I see the most horrid thing imaginable. A man slowly walks down the darkened street, an axe in hand, and making his way into my driveway. He slowly walks up to the door and I hear a crack, crack, crack as my door begins to break downstairs. I run into my parents room. It is empty. I try to find a way out but the world has closed in behind me. I dive into a hamper of my dirty clothes and try to wait out his visit. I hear his heavy breath and footsteps enter the room that I have taken refuge in. My heart is pounding through my chest in fear of the fact he finds me. I stay as silent as possible as he turns the light on and examines my empty room. I slowly hear him walk out of the room through the hallway and back out the door. I look back out on the street and he is gone, nowhere to be found. I rush to the window as see the moon back to normal, a ghost town.

I wanted to make a good setting that interest the reader