The Devil's Favor | Teen Ink

The Devil's Favor

By georgiarahe BRONZE, Cape Carteret, North Carolina
georgiarahe BRONZE, Cape Carteret, North Carolina

I was depressed, out of my mind sad, lonely, and crushed. I was pregnant with twins when the doctor said it was me or the babies. “I can’t lose you, I love you.” My husband cried into his hands. I kept telling him it would be okay, but I didn’t know if it was. Five years passed and my husband and I are happily together with our twins sons, Oliver and Boone. We were granted this miracle by the devil himself but it came with a price, my soul. He told me both my beautiful sons and I could live if he could have my soul,  I was desperate. I haven’t regretted it at all, I would have done anything to see my sons live and thrive in the world and the devil told me I can, so I took his offer. These past five years have been absolutely perfect, and today it got even better. I found out that I was pregnant again, but this time with a baby girl! My husband, Oliver, and Boone were so ecstatic to get this amazing news! They jumped up and down and we celebrated for what seemed like hours. Living with all boys can be a little loud and crazy sometimes, so this girl was exactly what we needed, what I needed. I promised to be the best mother to her, her best friend the moment I found out I was with child. Little did I know, it wouldn’t matter. He came to me in the middle of the night, time froze. He knew I was pregnant and simply said “I need a favor”. My heart dropped into my stomach with a thud. My first thought was that he was going to take Oliver and Boone away from me. But instead he said, “The baby you are with, is mine, she is my daughter.” He growled at me. My face froze and I had no doubt he could hear my heart thumping out of my chest. “What do you mean?” I asked in wheezes. “You and your husband bore a child but I gave you your children five years ago. So now you’ll give me one.” He laughed after telling me this. The last thing I remember was his high pitched cackle and the excruciating pain as he took my daughter away from me. I caught a quick glimpse of her hair, as red as the devil, before I slipped into unconsciousness.

I hope people will find this piece intruiging and hopefully it will get their mind thinking.