A Frightening night | Teen Ink

A Frightening night

It was a dark and stormy night.I was about to go to bed when I heard a tapping sound on my window.”Who’s there?” I shouted.Suddenly there was a flash of lightning; I saw a scary face on the window.It looked like a ghost or a demon….it look like one of those ghosts from the show,”Poltergeist.”

I felt very scared.I ran to my bed and pulled my blanket over my head.Then I began to shout for my parents but there was no reply.Then I realized they were on a date at some fancy restaurant.I peeped out of my blanket but it was too dark to see anything.Then I heard footsteps.They were getting louder and louder.It was dark but I knew my way to my drawer where I kept my camera.I ran there and took out my camera and started to take pictures in the direction of the window. I began to think that I should call the police but they wouldnt believe what I saw.Soon the footsteps died off.

The grandfather clock struck...dong...It was midnight.I went back to my bed and tried to sleep.I felt too frightened.I sat up,my mind was full of thoughts.Time passed….one o’clock,two o’clock,three o’clock.Finally, I fell asleep.

I woke up only a little bit after eight and I decided to investigate.I found some footprints outside of my bedroom window.I measured them with a tape measure and found them to be exactly the same size as my father's shoes.The footprints ended at the door of my house.I then went to town to get the photos I took developed.But when I saw the photos I was shocked.They were black and I could hardly see anything.Then I remembered that I didn't use the flash when I took the Photos. Started to laugh too when he told me he dressed up in a ghost costume to scare me.It would have been a trouble if I would have called the police on my father for being a ghost.Good thing I did not do that.Today,I am still amused to think I was afraid of my own father.

It was a assignment