The Light at the End of the Tunnel

The light seems to bounce across the walls of the tunnel, the walls bare with rocks extruding every few feet. Walking in darkness only a light that shines brightly forward, the end of the tunnel, or so you presume. A walking zombie you seem to be as the life is drained from your walking feet. Dry mouthed air comes in clouds from your lips. Sucking the life from your eyes and soul. Each step brings you closer to an end that seems better as your strides grow weak. No minute goes by you don't think of the light at the end of the tunnel. It's clouds your brain, makes your thoughts compressed to a small ball of light, at the end of the tunnel. Small taps from your feet gently padding the rocky grounds, the occasional pop as a pebble gets stuck between your toes. You have sat down many times along the way but you just kept getting up. This time you sat down, you didn't get up. You lay there for hours dreaming about the light at the end of the tunnel, and where it may lead. Your eyes closed as if they we garage doors shutting slowly but closing eventually. Now the tunnel was encased in darkness and the only light was your eyes glowing with fear. Fear that the light at the end of the tunnel was only the glow of another person's eyes full of fear.