Behind the Red Door | Teen Ink

Behind the Red Door

By Sruchi14 BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York
Sruchi14 BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York

Behind the Red Door
“I don’t know about this...this place looks creepy as hell,” grumbled Becca.
It was 1:00 AM and the air grew thick with fog. The wind howled and the leaves crumbled beneath their feet. The deserted house stood before them, screeching at it’s old, rusty bones. The group of friends are immensely unprepared for the unknown behind that rotting wood door.
“Yeah, I-I don’t know… this house looks haunted. Besides… I should be getting home now. There’s a Calculus test on Monday, and I should probably study,” said Carol nervously.
“Stop being paranoid!” Danny wailed.
They shuffled through the faded red door, and suddenly, Timothy noticed something from the corner of his eye. It was an empty sleeping bag, but it became clear that someone had obviously been living here.
“Gu-guys…we’re not alone in here,” stuttered Timothy.
The air became torrid, and Carol and Becca clutched each other  in crippling fear. A loud thud came from the kitchen. Danny stepped back and the most unfortunate thing imaginable happened. The floor squeaked in what seemed to be the most piercing noise to have ever existed. Footsteps darted closer and faster. The gang tried leaving, but it was too late. A six foot man gripping a knife appeared. He could not see them, because they made it to a closet in time to hide. They stared at him through the holes in the door.
Becca muttered, “He looks familiar. Wait…isn’t that the guy from th-the news? Oh my god! He’s a murderer. We’re gonna die!”
“No, we’re not gonna-” mumbled Danny before being interrupted by someone barging the door open.
They shuddered in terror. The killer slashed Danny’s throat and blood cascaded out onto the decaying wood floors. The murderer stared out of the corner of his eye.
“Who’s next?”