Forever and Ever

By ,
I took the life out of my last victim before I was about to take out my own. "Beep beep" my watch sounded, as I took the knife out of my victim's chest. A robotic, monotone
voice from my watch said, “Murder: 30 years added to your life.”

At first, I killed people out of anger, revenge, and eventually, for fun. But soon, I felt no more joy in doing all of this anymore. After stumbling across this watch a while back, it
added extra years to my life for every bad deed I did, and it deducted years for every good deed I did. It seemed like the best feeling ever when I got revenge on all the people I hated, and thought were a nuisance in my life. However, this was only a mirage. Eventually, this watch I had felt more and more like a curse to me. It was extremely tiresome, especially trying to cover up any traces to my crimes. Plus, I always had to keep a low profile, so low, that ever since my third kill, I had to cut off ties completely with my family members and friends. What's the point of living if you’re going to be alone the whole time?

As I was cleaning the knife with my cloth, I looked around my surroundings once
more. My final victim laid lifelessly on the ground, surrounded by a pool of his own blood. I looked at my knife again and I realized that I had cleaned off all his blood already. I decided to do my good deed now, because even if I get years taken off from my life, I wasn’t going
to be here anymore. It was the only way to escape from this curse. As I held the knife in one hand, I reached for the phone in my pocket with the other one. I dialed 9-1-1 and a male voice answered, "9-1-1, what's the emergency?" As calm as I could, I said, "There's a dead body on 2156 Cupcake Street.” "A dead body? I'll notify the police and ambulance right away." the man said. "Thank you," I said and hung up the phone. I put the phone back into my pocket and I held the knife in front of my chest with both hands. I heard the sound of sirens getting closer and closer. It sounded like a lullaby to me, telling me it was time to sleep forever. I stabbed the knife into my chest and I felt the tip puncture my heart. I pushed the knife in deeper, hoping that I’d die faster. I felt the pain rush up to my brain and my vision soon started to fade. Everything was getting darker and blurrier. Before everything blacked out from my vision, I heard my watch went off again. This time, I felt a chill through my soon-to-be-lifeless-body. The robotic, monotone voice said, "You can never escape from what you've done.” I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer. I knew it was the police. As I faded out, I faintly heard a voice saying, “Isn’t that her? She’s the wanted serial killer.” This time, I didn’t hide any traces of my crime. They couldn’t arrest me anyways if they tried. I’d be dead already. As I closed my eyes, I thought to myself that I was finally able to escape, and I felt a calming sensation flow through me. It didn’t last long because I realized something important. My heart was still beating. I felt the presence of someone’s hand under my nose, “She’s still breathing,” said the voice, “We can still arrest her then,” said his accomplice.