Miles | Teen Ink

Miles

May 18, 2017
By Anonymous

I walked far. I had to for him. He made the distance worth it. We met in high school, and from the start I knew something about him was different. I noticed his eyes one day when my glance stuck to his soft face. They were bright and green, and seemed to have the answers to everything. I was lost in them for hours it seemed, but when I found myself I realized that time didn’t move at all. He seemed to control the world around me. I needed him like I needed air. I was taken by the beauty of him. I could never seem to get his inner beauty to come out. I knew that finding his inner self would have to be my gold from now until the end of time.
One morning I woke up to the sound of nothing. No birds, no wind, no noise. I noticed that Miles was near when I heard a heartbeat. Once again I felt like time was still. I could always tell when Miles was around. And it still seemed that I could never open his emotions to me, he never wanted to tell me his inner secrets. I thought of this for a few minutes and then got out of bed and made my way downstairs to the living room. I saw him out of the corner of my eye sitting on the couch as if things were normal. “How did you get in here?” I asked. “The door was open.” He replied. I knew this was a lie, but I went along with it to pass the time. I did love him of course. Why would I do anything to upset him? He is my heart and soul, so I had to give him mine. I fixed up some breakfast and tried to get him to talk. I always asked him about his life outside of ours and he never told me. It seemed that he was hiding himself from me, but I knew all along his secrets. I just wanted him to tell me himself. He had powers, and they were able to control the world around me.
Being alone for so long before I met him made things more difficult for me. I didn't know how to tell him my problems. I didn't know how to communicate, and things were getting horrible. He hit me, and controlled me. He knew how to stop the time and make me do whatever he wanted. He upset me and I don't love him anymore. I don't know what to do. The only thing I can try is running away. I have to get out of this place. I could escape through my window in the night, and try to keep quiet. He could somehow hear my movements. Even when he wasn't near. It scared me. I have lived in such fear, and i'm tired of living this way. I'm leaving tonight, I have to.
It's 1:00am. I'm breathing heavy and tying sheets end to end so I can climb out of my window. I have to keep an eye out because he could be anywhere. He was far away but everywhere at the same time, and that was too risky. I'm moving quickly and quietly, but still very cautious about the noises I make. I threw the sheets out and i'm going to climb down. As soon as I get my whole body out of the window he's under me. He has the sheet and we're 10 feet off the ground. He pulls the sheet out from my grip, and I fall. I keep falling into the deepest darkest parts of the world. I fell so deep I couldn't get up. My heart begins to break, and now I know the spell I was under. Without my love for him, my heart will shatter. My heart has broken and so have I. The world has ended and now I must die.