The Man Upstairs

I begin to unlock my front door after a long day of work, but for some reason it's already unlocked. My boyfriend wouldn't be home from work yet. he mus've just forgotten to lock it before he left. I kick off my shoes and plop down on the couch. I turn the news on. A sketch of a man's face covers the screen as it has for weeks, asking anyone who possibly can to identify this man who has abducted and murdered three girls. I hear something that sounds like footsteps walking through the bedroom upstairs and freeze. I mute the TV to hear better. Someone is upstairs, I'm sure of it. I tiptoe into the kitchen and open the cabinet above the refrigerator, grabbing my gun from the safe. I keep it unloaded. Hopefully whoever is up there won't know. I walk up the stairs as quietly as possible, knowing this person can't hear me coming. I peek into the first bedroom I come to. Nothing. I move onto the next. Someone's standing in front of the window. 

"What are you doing here?" I raise my gun as the man turns around. A chilling smile appears across his face. I recognize this man. His face matches almost perfectly to the one from the sketch. I never thought I would have to face someone like this. I keep my gun pointed at him and repeat myself. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, my sweet Callie, don't you know I'm here to take you away." He rushes at me, not afraid of the gun. I feel a pinch in my arm and everything goes black.