The surprise | Teen Ink

The surprise

April 5, 2017
By Anonymous

My alarm clock went off, “Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep!” It read, “7:30 A.M.” All I could think of when I opened my eyes is, “Oh my God I’m going to be late for school!” Hi, my name is Esme, I have an older brother, I’m in high school, about to turn eighteen and yea….I also hate school. Since I’m already late for school, why not take my time...right? All my friends are blowing up my phone with “Where are you girl? Are you dead? OMG Jordan is so in love with you!” I just threw my phone in my backpack, got in my car, and drove to school. I walked into school at 12:00 A.M. with my messy bun, cool shirt, baggy sweatpants, and a starbucks drink in my hand. Since it was already 12:00 A.M. It was lunch time so I drove my girlfriends to the mall to get something to eat, oh yea and the mall is like right around the corner. One of my friends left to go shopping and when one go they all go; so I ate at subway by myself “Thanks friends.” Since lunch break was almost over, I walked over to my car and I notice this man with a mask on his face staring at me, dead at me. I got kind of creeped out so I unlocked my car and tried to get in as fast as I can, but I couldn’t it was too late he got to me. He blindfolded me and threw me in the back seat while he drives. I struggle to see where he’s taking me, so instead I scream as loud as I can for help. I finally manage to get the blindfold off and start dialing 911, he sees me dialing 911, so he grabs my phone and throws it on the seat; this time he shoves me in the trunk laughing. He stops the car and drags me into some sort of room. He takes my blindfold off and it's pitch black dark. The lights turn on and all of a sudden I hear, “Happy Birthday!”


The author's comments:

It started off as a homework assignment, but then it turned out to be more than that to me...Something important to me.