My Darling Blood Puppet | Teen Ink

My Darling Blood Puppet

January 12, 2017
By Anonymous

I take a look out of my bedroom window. The sun’s almost set. I don’t usually take the time to fully take in how pretty the sky looks at this time. It’s an explosion of colors. Reds, yellows, even pinks and violets. That combined with the soothing breeze against my skin, it feels perfectly tranquil. The only thing stopping me from losing myself in this relaxing feeling is the feeling of sick thirst lingering in the back of my mind. “Dammit...I haven’t had anything to drink in a while.” I say to myself. “It seems like I need more and more each day…”


Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder. “Nami?” I turn around to see Kura. “You alright? You look a little pale.” I start to feel very thirsty. “...maybe...maybe she tastes g-” My heart starts to beat fast and my mind starts to fight itself. “No...NO!...she’s...my own flesh and blo-...blood...blood…” “Nami?...Are you alright?” she starts to look a bit concerned. She sits me down on my bed and takes a seat next to me.


My breathing grows heavy. “...blood...I...I need...blood…” My mind keeps repeating that sick thought over and over again. I wrap my arms around Kura. “She’s...not...f-...but...I need blood…” I bring my face closer to my sister’s neck. “Kura...Kura...I…” My body is moving on it’s own. I can’t stop myself even if I wanted to. “Nami, what’s wr-”


Kura winces in pain as I sink my teeth into her neck. “This...is...disgusting…” I think to myself. I wish I could stop, but my body won’t let me. “N-...Nami…” I can tell she’s in pain. I gently squeeze her a little tighter. If I wasn’t already,  I’m truly a monster now...I’m feeding on my own sister...What’s worse is that she tastes almost as good as Mei. I want so badly to let her go, but  my body won’t let me. “Let her go...please...let her go…” Soon, I regain control of my movements and release her.


“Oh god, Kura are you alright?!” I start to panic. I hope I didn’t drain too much from her. “I’m so sorry Kura...I don’t know what came over me…”


She looks a little dazed, but other than that, she looks to be ok. “N-Nami?...Are you...Are you alright?...” she doesn’t seem to have fully processed what just happened. I quickly get her a bandage and gently wrap it around the cut on her neck. “D-...did you just…” “...yes...I’m so sorry Kura...I couldn’t stop myself…” She hugs me. “You’re not thirsty anymore, are you?” she asks. I think I drained more from her than I thought, she seems a bit loopy. I shake my head in response to her question. She smiles tiredly. “G-good…”


She falls into my arms. “Nami...I feel a little sleepy…” I hold her close. “S***...I drank too much from her…” I think to myself. “Ok…” I say picking her up bridal style. “Let’s get you to bed hun.” I carry Kura to her room and lay her down on her bed. “Kura...are you gonna be alright?” I ask, gently caressing her cheek. She tiredly nods her head. Soon, she falls asleep. Her energy should be regained by the time she wakes up. “You poor thing…” I say quietly, “I’m so sorry…” I don’t want to leave her side.


“She...tasted good…” I slap myself at that sick thought. “...what  is wrong with you?!...she’s your own sister...how could you use her for food?…” I feel as though I have to punish myself for this. “Somehow...I have to punish myself…” I think. Doing my best not to wake my sister, I walk downstairs and grab a small knife from the kitchen drawer. With a slight amount of hesitation, I slide the blade along my wrist. It hurts. But I deserve every bit of agony I’m feeling. Cold blood runs down my arm. The pain grows more and more with each cut I make. After six bloody slashes, I stop.


I do my best to keep my arm over the sink so I don’t make a mess. As I start to wash the blood off, I see that my cuts are already beginning to grow numb. “F***…” I think, “I’m not doing it hard enough…” I keep slashing and slashing until the pain is unbearable. I collapse to my knees. Tears are streaming down my face and blood down my arm. “...not enough...I deserve to hurt more…”


I pull up my shirt a little and start cutting little by little at my abdomen. These hurt even more. But I deserve every ounce of pain I’m inflicting on myself. Only when the pain is just too much for my body to take do I stop. I can’t take anymore now. Even if I wanted to, I can’t build up enough strength to hurt myself anymore. My face is dripping with tears. I try my best not to cry out loud. I don’t want to wake my sister. She doesn’t need to see me like this.