More Then a Teacher | Teen Ink

More Then a Teacher

By EmmaHallman BRONZE, Telford, Pennsylvania
EmmaHallman BRONZE, Telford, Pennsylvania

More Than a Teacher

Laying on the ground, he looked up at the sky, confused by the lack of sunlight, given it was the middle of the day. He looked around to see that he was strapped to the ground. Perfectly spherical stones lay around him in a circle. There was piles of ash outlining them. He could faintly make out the slim, tall figures that stood directly in front and next to him. His eyes narrowed and he glanced around to find that he was in the middle of the woods. The sky was a musky blue. While in the distance, he could see rays of sunshine shining down upon the tree tops.
“What am I doing here?” he asked. His voice was shaky.
The two, what he could now make out as men, started marching around the ash lines and began chanting in an unknown language.
The one man had chocolate brown eyes and long jet black hair. His facial features looked tired and decrepit. The other, slightly taller and slightly buffer, had huge green cat like eyes. The man was biting his lower lip so hard, blood started oozing out of it.
  The two men stopped. They were both standing right next to each other, holding one another's hand.
“Mr. Calhoon?”
The man with piercing green eyes looked up at the call of his name.
“Blake,” Mr. Calhoon’s voice was deep and sturdy. His eyes were focused on nothing but Blake.
“Mr. Calhoon, you know my name is Blake, not block-aye. Now can you please help me up? Shouldn’t you be grading  my calc test anyway?” Blake’s voice was filled with annoyance and plead. He was rather shocked to see his calculus teacher with a little amount of clothes on.
Before Blake could ask anymore questions, the ashes went up in flames. He was now surrounded by a circle of fire. It took barely seconds for the smoke to travel to Blake’s lungs.
“What’s going on?” he asked while having a raging fit of coughs. His heart began to pound and his eyes started to lose focus. Soon his chest began to burn, and he knew his body was slowly shutting down.
He heard the words “human sacrifice” being chanted beyond the circle of flames just before a ten foot long spear was thrown into his chest.