On the Run | Teen Ink

On the Run

By Zungy4 BRONZE, Newmarket, NH, New Hampshire
Zungy4 BRONZE, Newmarket, NH, New Hampshire

It was pretty late, around 4:30-ish. My friend and our families came to New York together. Beautiful place, that’s for sure. 
The Central Park was full of tulips and my favorite dandelions. The sun was just beginning to set. A pink and orange sky occurred. The colors blended so well with the white fluffy clouds. Even though the sun was setting the sky made a lot of what looked like red and orange light, so kids were still playing on the playground. It was weird because there weren’t any parents around. But everything was calm, but at the same time everyone and and everything was so full of life. Fresh air. Screams of joy from the children. My hearing was blurry. But I could hear laughter. It was faint. Sun set was now just slightly below the trees and almost gone. The little bit of happiness almost gone.
I heard my name being called. Felicity! Felicity! The calling started of faint but grew louder. I open my eyes and gasped for air. Kim by my side shaking me and calling my name. I look around frantically confused. There was no longer laughter. Kids screaming eerie cries. Others screaming bloody murder. We grab each others hands and ran into the woods. Fire covered the park behind us and most of the woods. Sunset gone, flowers, fresh air, children, green grass, the life, the happiness, gone.
We stopped once we were out of breathe. Kim fell   to her knees and I was leaning on a fine maple tree. I looked behind us and back at Kim.
“Kim….,” I whispered trying to control my shaking knees and my unstable, weary body.
“Ya?” She whispered back, her face pale and worried. Before either of us could open our mouths to speak again, we heard a screech torture from across the woods.
We ran. Kim tripped and hit a tree. We stumbled our way down a steep hill. I look around to find Kim by my side. Blood running down her soft gentle face. We heard a twig snap. We turned our faces quickly. We were frozen. Trying to listen for something, but instead there was silent nothing.

I wrote this piece because I have an uncle who is an Author and thought, wouldn't it be nice to try something he loves to do?