Taken | Teen Ink

Taken

January 9, 2017
By Anonymous

I open my eyes. It’s all dark, there’s a window.


“Dad!” I yell, expecting him to come into what I think is my room. The door creeks open. She’s giving me a mischievous smirk before slamming the door. She being my kidnapper. How did I get here? I then think of my dad. Does he notice that i’ve been kidnapped? I miss him. I should’ve spent more time with him, who knows how long I will be in here. I find a pen after a while. I doodle a line on the wall, each doodle representing how many days I've been here. I've been here for 19 days, these days were filled with no human contact and little water and food. These 19 days I’ve been alone. You won’t ever get out. Nobody is going to find you. That’s all I thought. I was going crazy by the second. I glanced outside.


I get up, trying to break the window. I push up hard. Breaking the window, I crawl out. That's when I hear a voice.


“Have you-,” The man that loved me and protected me since I was born. My dad.


“Sof,” he said smiling, embracing me in a hug. I feel something hit my shoulder. Is he crying? The man who didn't show emotion out in the open. “Are you alright?” He questioned. I nod. I feel safe now. We let go of each other and walk home. We reported what happened. Putting the kidnapper in jail. Now everything is back to normal.


The author's comments:

This piece is a short story, worked really hard. Trying to put the emotion in this piece about loving someone dear to you.