The Drive | Teen Ink

The Drive

The Drive

Gabe and Amy were walking through the forest on a dark chilly night. They were walking to the car after going to the lake.
“Do you know what time it is?” Amy asked shivering. “Or any idea how far away the car is?”
“I left my phone in the car, and I think we’re almost there. Chill out.” Gabe said.
“Ugh. I told you it would get dark soon. You never listen.” Amy said as she stopped walking. “Im not going any further.”
“Really. Now you’re doing this? This is ridiculous Amy. It’s always something new with you.” Gabe said turning around. His tone changed as he said, “You know what? You can stay here. Then I won’t have to hear your complaining. I tried to have a good night with you. Without all of the arguing and the problems. I wanted to hang out with my girlfriend and have fun with her. You’ve changed since we started dating. You use to be so much fun, and I was excited to see you. Now it’s like every time we’re together, neither of us want to be there. What happened?”
“You really want to know what happened? I’ll tell you what happened Gabe. You happened. You started being friends with your ex and hanging out with her. And dealing with that and acting like I’m perfectly fine with being replaced by your ex bottles up and it just makes me want to scream!” Amy says now in Gabe’s face “We’re over Gabe. Take me home and block my number.” Amy said walking towards the car.
“Nope. You can find your own ride home ex-girlfriend.”
“No. You’re going to take me home.” Not looking back towards him.”
“I don’t have to do anything for you anymore.” Gabe said unlocking his car with the keys. “Take your stuff too.” Gabe said throwing her phone, jacket and clothes (they had gone swimming and she left her clothes there) on the rocks.
“Really Gabe? You’re so immature!” Amy said picking her stuff up off the ground.
“Yup.” Gabe said shutting his car door and starting the car.
“Let me in.” Amy said as Gabe shook his head and put his car into reverse. “Let me in Gabe.”
“Get away from my car.” Gabe said starting to back up.
Amy pulled out her phone and dialed her dads number, no service, she thought. Gabe’s so annoying, as she started walking down the gravel road. About 20 minutes later she saw headlights in the distance, thank god, she thought as she started waving her arms for help.
“Help! Help please” she said as the car pulled next to her. “Hi Um I need help getting back to town. I have no service out here.” It was an old man driving the car.
“Where you need to go?” The old man said in a grumpy tone.
“Just out of the park please”
“Get in.”
“Thank you so much sir.” Amy said shutting the door and putting on her seatbelt. Then the man locked his doors. An awkward silence was felt in the air. The old man turned down a street that was off the gravel road, going deeper into the forest. “Is this a short cut?”
“Mmm, yea.” He said. Just then, he hit Amy over the head with a baseball bat, leaving her unconscious.
(The next day)
Amy woke up chained to the wall and wearing a dog collar. What the h@! #? She thought.
“Morning sweet pea.” A familiar old man said.
“Where am I?” Amy asked rubbing her head.
“Eat up.” The man said dropping a bowl of food near Amy.
“What is this, some kind of joke? Are you sick or something?”
“Shut up! I’m trying to watch the news.
Amy looked over at the tv and saw the news broadcasting a missing person’s report, for her. Gabe was talking on the tv about what happened last night, and it was all coming clear to her. She had been kidnapped by this man. How long will it take to find me? How long have I been here? What does he want from me? Where are my clothes and what am I wearing? She thought. But those questions will never be answered…

Dakota said...
I loved it you did a good job writing it