The Possession: Part Two | Teen Ink

The Possession: Part Two

October 19, 2016
By Madison Taylor BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
Madison Taylor BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Ah!!!” I wake up to a daunting scream. I'm afraid of what it could be. I began to cry, I felt as if I was going to take my last breath. I felt like rising up my throat, burning and tearing the inside of my esophagus piece by piece until the bone felt to break down within. I knew I was exaggerating the feeling but it felt so real. To real I should say. I began to question why self and why I was here. I didn't remember why or how I got to the party. It was all just a blank memory. Maybe I was drugged. I don't know. A snap it sounded caught my attention to a ouija board on a black rusted seat. I didn't want to pay attention to it because all I ever heard was bad things. At the same time I wondered if that could be my escape. I slightly got up from the the table I was lying at. Tip toed and sat down and began to play the board. Usually it's ideal I hear if two play or more but I was alone and wanted to escape. Laying my hands on the planchette I began to say the following words “Is their any spirits?” Nothing. I kept going maybe if I tried again someone or something would respond. “I need help out of here is their any spirits here.” My hands moved to spell out the word Y-E-S. My adrenaline was pumping I felt some hope of getting out of this unknown place.

I opened my eyes to the outdoors. Asking my self the same question over “Where am I?!” I was only happy to be free. Yet I didn't realize how long I was gone or how I even work up. I ran to my car. Weirdly enough it was unlocked with the keys in my seat. It was weird only because I didn't remember leaving them. I didn't care I was only focused on going home. I drove as fast as I could. I didn't want to stop. Everywhere I looked for “missing kid” or “missing teen” but I didn't see any. Did anyone realize I was even gone? The pain inside my chest started to feel like someone was ripping me apart. Tears shed down my face, my heart grew within me. I wasn't going to be bothered. I felt lost for words trying to find my house. “Young lady..YOUNG LADY..” I flinched. “Yes?” I rolled down my window slow. “You shouldn't be here.. You shouldn't be here!” I drove away going 100 miles per hour. It wasn't safe but he creeped me out all to hell. But it brushed off my shoulders faster than I thought it would. Pulling into my driveway I saw no one was home. I sat there for a minute. I wondered what happened I tried to put all of the pieces together. I spoke out loud “Party..drinking..waking up in a strange place?” It didn't make sense, yet I didn't remember anything. I had a weird vision of a boy in my head but unsure of who it was. I didn't have my phone. I only had my car. I kicked the door open and began walking towards my front door. What do I say? Will they even notice I was gone? My front door was open. There was a nasty stench reeking out. One step in and I felt a cold presence behind me. A an in a black outfit began to stab me. My hot steaming blood began to drip out of my body and I began to grow weak. Agonizing pain went through my leg when I realized he broke it. He was so fat. He smelled the old rotten eggs and began to lick my blood. I had puke rising up my throat. My head chopped off. I felt like I was floating about the air above my body. Am I a ghost? I moved my hand and there went the book shelf. I felt evil. I felt more alive. I didn't even give any craps where my family was. They didn't give a damn about me. I swerved my hands all around the room and every object began to move. I pushed my hands towards the man in black. I looked down to see white and pale green smoke. My memory began to flush into my mind. I remembered it all. The party, the boy, the board, the room and the scream. The scream was me. I heard my self screaming. But why? Why was I screaming? I know my scream so well it had to be me. No one has that raspy scream. A chair was flying towards me. He knew my presence. Throwing my hands down a fiery flash began to fill the home with smoke. The house caught on fire. I wanted whoever that was to die. I wanted them to feel the exact pain I was in. It was the person in blacks reason I was here. It had to be. It had to… BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! I opened my eyes and looked down to realize I was in my bed. What is happening? Was that all a dream? It was way to vivid to just have been a dream. My door opened and saw my dad. He reminded me of the figure I was fighting off in my dream. “Dad I just had the craziest dream!” He looked at me with a grin. “It wasn't a dream you disgusting disgrace!” He pulled out a gun and shot me right in the head. I began to rise over my bed like I did in my dream. I then later found out by reading his mind that my family started the party. They wanted to kill me. My mom was jealous of me and thought I was wasting my life. My siblings were never around. My so called bestfriend wanted me dead for the reason of the hottest guy in school wanting me. But my dad. My dad was my bestfriend he was my first love. He was supposed to protect me from any harm. Anger got the best of me and the fight began again. But this time it was far more worse. My mom entered the room. The sound was quiet like a desert and my heart began to stop. She was a ghost. He killed her. I don't care if she was jealous of me and thought I was wasting my life, I needed her. Her face glowing with perfection. It reminded me of the day she picked me up from school with such a glowing smile. She was happy to see me. My chest felt heavy and I went near her. “Mom I'm so sorry” she gazed upon me. “You should be ashamed” and smacked me across the room. She wasn't there to come save me. She was there to end me. For once I felt hope in my life but was snatched like candy from a baby. It was no use. It was me against my family. My little brother Daniel walked in the room. “Mommy what's going on?” The room went black then went light again. There was nothing. There was no mess. Maybe that's how my dad made it seem like nothing in the “big fight.” I glared down and saw that I was human again. This was messing me up inside but planning my death wasn't an answer. It was time to fight back and this time I'll win and I will be the one who feels accomplished. “Are you sure about that Emily?” My so called bestfriend Ashley came out of no where. Before I could say anything else she cut my throat my blood began to pour out of me more painful than before. My blood had a penny smell to it and I began to slowly die. But this time I wasn't a ghost. I was an evil spirit.