The Hunting Game (Four Percent 4) | Teen Ink

The Hunting Game (Four Percent 4)

By Wolf.In.Sheeps.Clothing SILVER, Deltona, Florida
Wolf.In.Sheeps.Clothing SILVER, Deltona, Florida

“Mommy, I lost Diamond.” I say returning to our house.

Mommy sits in her favorite chair reading a book. “Really?” She says snapping her book shut. “That’s unprofessional of you but you can’t change the past. Did you do your job correctly?”

“Of course I did Mommy.Oh, I also saw someone breaking the rules.”

“Was it your friends or was it Will?” Mommy gets up and walks over to me.

“No it wasn’t them. I also put sleeping medicine in Will’s food so he would sleep tonight without any trouble.” I shake my head when she stands in front of me. “It was definitely a contestant that I never saw before.”

“Well you haven’t met many. Next time be careful they could’ve noticed you and it could’ve been dangerous.” Mommy ruffles my hair and takes my hand leading me to my room. "Jr do you like Will?”

“Yes.” I respond quickly.

“Are you going to cast your ballot?” Mommy ask.

“Not yet, later.” I say carefully. Mommy nods her head satisfied with my answer.
29  days left.
The clock rings throughout the mansion marking morning. The twins sit on the counters of the kitchen facing each other from opposite ends.

“Have any of the contestants catch your eye Sally?” Sam looks at her sister closely.

“Of course a new set of twins are always interesting. Though Ally did win the first challenge but of course she does have a reason why she won. We haven’t really cracked and gotten to know each contestant yet. Has anyone caught your eye Sam?” Sally ask.

“I have to agree I want to know the twins but remember only one of them can win. While Ally won the first one, we don’t know about anything else but her pain tolerance. I feel as the hosts we need to get to know more about our contestants, except not Diamond. We can’t get to know her but.” Sam smiles devilishly. “We can get to know her murder.” 

At that point Jr walks in. Her hair is a mess and in a night dress.

“Hello Jr.” The twins say in unison. 

“Why aren’t you dressed?” Sam ask.

“Why is your hair a mess?” Sally says.

Jr walks over and sits on the counter by Sally. “What are you two talking about.” Jr says sleepily.

“Who we would cast our ballots for.” They say once again together.

“Who do you like Jr?” Sally ask.

“Will. He has a good heart.” 

“He was the guy who didn’t play in the first game. We didn’t punish him because we thought you and your Mommy did something to him.” Sam says jumping from the counter.

Jr shakes her head yes. “Do you think he hates me?”

“No one could hate you. Do you want to talk to him again? If you do you can help us host today. If you don’t you can just watch.” Sam says smoothing out Jr’s hair with her hands. 

“Really? I would love too!”

“Good let’s get you dressed.” They say smiling. “But first you must eat. We made pancakes today.” The sound of the morning clock goes off signaling breakfast.

An hour later the twins come out with Jr walking behind them. “Welcome remaining contestants as you can see we have one less contestant with us.”

“Yes Diamond has died last night.” Sally speaks slowly, picking her words carefully.

“But never mind that today we have a special guest.” They step back and grab her hands. Sally on her right and Sam on the left. “Her name is Jr.”
                               The Four Percent Game
The twins are most scary when they are together. From when they sit next to each to talking at the same time as each other. I wonder if Mommy has noticed this. When they are alone they have their own personalities that allow for error but together they become one person. The other person makes up for the others flaws.

One’s bad a hiding their true self and one is bad at lying to people. That contradicts itself but it’s true. It’s very true and I’ve seen it before in person and on tv.

I think he knows about them but he never comes out anyway. Yeah I met him; the person who defeated this game in a record time. He was in the first batch and he was the reason for lots of the rules in the game. Like being in your room at a certain time or not being able to go into certain rooms. He’s very wicked but he’s not the creator of this game just a competitor. None of us have met the creators or the watchers but we get word from them once in awhile. Depending on what they want is how the game will move.

“Today we’ll be doing something Jr is very good at.” Sally speaks.

“Jr explain the game to them.” They say together.

I speak loudly for them to hear me. “Today we will be playing a game called Wolves and Sheeps. There are fourteen people here. Seven wolves and seven sheep. I’ll make the teams.”

Jr walks over to them and points to the twins. Putting them on opposite ends of the room. “Lily is team Sheeps and Rose is team Wolves so when I call your name and place you know where to go. When the teams are in place I will assign points to each person and explain the game a bit more.”

I look over the other twelve. From the files I think I can assess who should be on what team.

Team Wolves: Rose, Max, Dave, Will, Daniel, Ace, and Samuel.

Team Sheep's: July, Blue, Ash, Lily, Grace, Bob, and Ally.

“Now your heads are worth different points. Rose, Dave, Samuel, Ace, July, Blue, Lily and Ally are worth ten points. Grace and Maxl are worth fifteen points. Bob and Daniel are worth five points. Ash and Will are worth twenty points.”

I go to one side of the room and open a door that leads to a white room. Moving to the other side of the room I open another door that leads to a black room.

“This is like hide and seek but instead if you’re found you don’t lose you can fight back but you can not kill. If you can catch someone Wolves you put Sheeps in the black room and Sheeps you put Wolves in the white room. Once in there you can not escape without the help of another person in your team that hasn’t been captured. Of course these rooms are also safe zones. You only need fifty points to win so remember what people have what price on their heads."

I clap my hands three times. "Okay Sheep’s you guys hide and then in five minutes the Wolves will try to get you. Now if you are wondering how long this game goes on for and the answer to that is, when someone wins and when someone loses. This game has once lasted three days. Let the games begin.”

The people on team Sheep disappear into different areas, splitting up. This game will be fun. Will looks at me, wait not at me behind me.

“Jr who’s that?” He ask. Everyone else looks at him like he’s crazy.

I start to laugh. “You noticed him? He’s a doll my Mommy made for me.”

“Thomas.” I say and a guy in a butler outfit steps up to stand behind me.

“He’s my second doll.” I say.

“Then who was your first?” Will ask.

My face drops and I look at the ground. I feel Thomas hand on my shoulder. “She was defective.” I say remembering Mommy’s words when she took my doll away.

I look at the clock. “It’s been five minutes. The game is now going to get interesting.”

At that they scatter off. Will looks back at me once but then disappears in the shadows.

“The real game hasn't started yet.” I whisper.

“No it indeed hasn't.” Sam and Sally say with a mischievous smile on their faces. They take my hands. I take that as my cue to guide them to the Psychopath room.