The Boy | Teen Ink

The Boy

June 15, 2016
By Cesar_Esquiagola BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
Cesar_Esquiagola BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

September 1st – This new transfer student is sitting by himself at lunch.
Student 1 – Thinks to himself, “I’m going to help him, so he doesn’t have to go through what I went through. Not having friends!” (gets up walks to the transfer) said with confidence, “Hey why don’t you sit with us?”
Transfer – says nothing, just stares.
Student 1 – (walks back, mumbling to himself) said with confidence, “I’ll try again tomorrow!”
September 2nd – Another day passes but something is different.
Student 1 – (gets up to talk to the transfer again)
Student 2 – (gets up and tells Student 1) said, “Hey wait theirs something off about him today!”
Student 1 – agrees, and replies, “I’m still going to try.”
Student 2 – (he walks back to the table to sit down, with a sigh)
Student 1 – (walks to the transfer) but notices something strange, says, “Hey why you whispering to your self? I know it’s not my place to ask, but you might be bullied if they see you doing that.”
Transfer – (turns to face the student with a smile) replies, “Please… sit down.”
Student 1 – said with confidence, “Sure, whatever makes you adjust to the new school!”
Student 2 – whispers to student 3, “Why is he hanging around him, he’s going to become a dork.”
Student 3 – Replies, “Yeah your right, but it means more people to get lunch money from.” (stares in the direction of him, and chuckles)
Student 2 & 3 – (they both laugh away)
September 3rd – Today the day that everything went wrong, wrong for the bad, but justice for the good.
Student 1 – (sits next to the transfer) Says, “How you like our school so far? Not bad right good teachers nice classes…” (the transfer cuts him off)
Transfer – replies, “Are the kids you sat with before bullying you?”
Student 1 – says, “Why do you ask?”
Transfer – replies, “Answer the question.”
Student 1 – Says, “Yes, but what are you going to do about it, they threatened to do bad things if I tell anyone!”
September 4th – The decision day
Student 1 – (sits next to transfer) says, “Please don’t try anything I don’t want you to get hurt. It’s my problem.”
Transfer – Replies, “But it’s already began…” (gets up and walks out)
September 5th – News reporter on TV stated, “Student 2 found dead on front door steps, seems to have been half eaten!”
Student 1 – called the transfer, “Did you do this? How did he just die like that?”
Transfer – (picks up the phone) replies, “All your problems will be gone in due time.” (hangs up the phone)
September 6th – News Reporter on TV, ”Another attack this time Student 3. Supposedly Student 2 was good friends with student 3, but this was more gruesome then the last, he was found… oh god… ripped in half by cars and rope!”
Student 1 – (sits next to transfer, at lunch) says, “Did you do this? I’m really scared please answer me!”
Transfer – replies, “How can you be scared, you were scared of the them. So I just took them out of the picture, so why are you so scared?” (Starts to smile)


The author's comments:

Please feel free to tell me if you like this or hate it (via email). If I have any editing mistakes also tell me I would appreciate it.