The Boy | Teen Ink

The Boy

By Cesar_Esquiagola BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
Cesar_Esquiagola BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama

September 1st – This new transfer student is sitting by himself at lunch.
Student 1 – Thinks to himself, “I’m going to help him, so he doesn’t have to go through what I went through. Not having friends!” (gets up walks to the transfer) said with confidence, “Hey why don’t you sit with us?”
Transfer – says nothing, just stares.
Student 1 – (walks back, mumbling to himself) said with confidence, “I’ll try again tomorrow!”
September 2nd – Another day passes but something is different.
Student 1 – (gets up to talk to the transfer again)
Student 2 – (gets up and tells Student 1) said, “Hey wait theirs something off about him today!”
Student 1 – agrees, and replies, “I’m still going to try.”
Student 2 – (he walks back to the table to sit down, with a sigh)
Student 1 – (walks to the transfer) but notices something strange, says, “Hey why you whispering to your self? I know it’s not my place to ask, but you might be bullied if they see you doing that.”
Transfer – (turns to face the student with a smile) replies, “Please… sit down.”
Student 1 – said with confidence, “Sure, whatever makes you adjust to the new school!”
Student 2 – whispers to student 3, “Why is he hanging around him, he’s going to become a dork.”
Student 3 – Replies, “Yeah your right, but it means more people to get lunch money from.” (stares in the direction of him, and chuckles)
Student 2 & 3 – (they both laugh away)
September 3rd – Today the day that everything went wrong, wrong for the bad, but justice for the good.
Student 1 – (sits next to the transfer) Says, “How you like our school so far? Not bad right good teachers nice classes…” (the transfer cuts him off)
Transfer – replies, “Are the kids you sat with before bullying you?”
Student 1 – says, “Why do you ask?”
Transfer – replies, “Answer the question.”
Student 1 – Says, “Yes, but what are you going to do about it, they threatened to do bad things if I tell anyone!”
September 4th – The decision day
Student 1 – (sits next to transfer) says, “Please don’t try anything I don’t want you to get hurt. It’s my problem.”
Transfer – Replies, “But it’s already began…” (gets up and walks out)
September 5th – News reporter on TV stated, “Student 2 found dead on front door steps, seems to have been half eaten!”
Student 1 – called the transfer, “Did you do this? How did he just die like that?”
Transfer – (picks up the phone) replies, “All your problems will be gone in due time.” (hangs up the phone)
September 6th – News Reporter on TV, ”Another attack this time Student 3. Supposedly Student 2 was good friends with student 3, but this was more gruesome then the last, he was found… oh god… ripped in half by cars and rope!”
Student 1 – (sits next to transfer, at lunch) says, “Did you do this? I’m really scared please answer me!”
Transfer – replies, “How can you be scared, you were scared of the them. So I just took them out of the picture, so why are you so scared?” (Starts to smile)

Please feel free to tell me if you like this or hate it (via email). If I have any editing mistakes also tell me I would appreciate it.