I Will Find You | Teen Ink

I Will Find You

June 6, 2016
By iulia-arnswald BRONZE, Tirana, Other
iulia-arnswald BRONZE, Tirana, Other
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Drenched in sweat as I awoke. Tiny droplets were running down my forehead and down my cheek as I gasped for breath realizing it was all but a dream. My room was dark, cramped and loaded with books. The only light visible came from the empty roads through my window. At the top of the house, the illuminated streets became a mere map of the city. Whispers poured into my ears as I recalled the nightmare.
There he was, sitting opposite me in a room with white, pale tilling revealing a jagged pattern over the cover of the floor. Nothing was in the room but a white foldable table and two corresponding metallic chairs, both in white. The floor screamed as he pulled his chair closer to the table and placed his large, bare hands on the cold surface with a loud thump. I only glanced at him once looking into his mysterious eyes and following his deep, red scar that stretched from his forehead down towards his cheek. He gritted his teeth as I pushed my chair back and stepped further away from him.
Glancing once again, the man stood up. I searched the room for an exit yet to no avail. Quickly scurrying towards a corner, my heart raced in my chest and dominated the sound of emptiness. My knees began to tremble as I fell to the ground. The dark, black figure breathed in heavily and lunged forward, jumping for his prey. I shut my eyes tight. He passed right through me and called out in a raspy, strained voice,
“I will find you!” I shuddered, a chill was sent down my spine and landed in the balls of my feet. I was left crawled up in the empty room, leaning against a corner as the fear slowly began to paralyze my whole body.
After a while of sitting upright in my  bed, I decided a walk would calm my senses. I put on my jacket as I opened the door. Quietly stepping out of my room into the dark hallway and down the wooden staircase, I grabbed the keys on the side table next to the pictures and loose change. I quietly unlocked the door with a click and walked down the garden towards the gate facing the empty streets.
Sliding the old, moss overgrown fence open and stepping out into the empty town I walked down the cobblestone street. Despite there being no traffic, I looked left, right and crossed the road towards the lit up fountain.
After passing a closed candy store and walking down a dark alley only lit up by large, neon coloured, illuminated signs I saw a figure leaning against the worn away brick wall. A large, built body turned as my footsteps became louder and slowly neared him. Deciding whether to just look at my feet and walk past him or to turn around the alley became narrower as though the walls moved closer every step I took deeper into the alley.
As I walked past the illuminated figure, a warm fleshy hand suddenly grabbed mine and pulled me towards him. I stared at his face, followed a deep, same red scar that stretched from his forehead down towards his cheek. He exhaled loudly through his nose and said in a raspy, strained voice,
“I found you.”