Who Did It? | Teen Ink

Who Did It?

May 27, 2016
By jalah BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
jalah BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everyone makes mistakes, but it is better to leave from it then not learn with it.


It was a sunny afternoon, the sun was shining, birds were chirping, leaves were blowing and cars were flying by. I was sitting in my blue sparkly chair, and there was a knock at my door then I knew to get ready for the worst news of my life.

“Hello, who is it?” I questioned
“Ashley Knowns it is the police. Can you please open up we have some bad news.” They answered
I opened my door.
“May I help you?”
“Well, my name is Mr.Trueman, and my partners name is Mrs. Daniel. We need to ask you a few questions about your sister.”
“Yes, what about my sister?” I questioned.
They came in and sat down and they start asking me questions like did my sister ever have problems with her boyfriend, and did she ever talk about killing herself.
I answered yes to all but 1.
“Anna would never try to kill herself. WAIT!”  There was dead silence.
“Did Anna….” They stopped me.
“Ashley, your sister Anna….. She is dead.”
Ashley dropped to the floor and tears were just flowing down like a river.
“B-But who would do this? Everyone knows that Anna was a nice loving girl.”
“We found her body in a river next to the big Oak tree.  She has 1 gunshot to the leg and 24 stab wounds.” They explained.
I didn’t want to hear any more about my sister.
“I just want justice for my sister, and hope that the person who did this to my sister rots in jail for hurting her real badly.”
They shook their heads and said, “I agree with you but whoever did this will pay no if ands band buts about it.” 
It is 4:30 in the morning and I can’t stop thinking of my sister. She was my right hand; she was my go to, my everything. 
It is now 10:45am and I didn’t go to sleep because of my sister. “It feels like a dream.”  I said out loud.
I picked up my phone and I called my mom.
“Mommy did they tell you yet?”
“Girl nah, what happened?  Mom questioned
“Anna she is dead.” I told her
Mommy dropped her phone and fell to the floor and starts balling tears.
“Mommy I am on my way.”
I went to my room grabbed some clothes but, I walked passed Anna’s room and I had to walk in there.

Her room is all white with sparkles all over the wall. Her beds was made, but wait, there was a note on the bed.
I opened the note and it said, “Look for my diary and you will find the clue to the killer.”
I was looking for the diary. I went through her drawers, I flipped the bed and there it was! I opened it and it said,
“Dear Dairy,
         My ex comes to my sister’s and my apartment and he was drunk then a sunk.  I told him to stop hitting me, but he didn’t, so I grabbed a bat and I start hitting him with it. I tried to run, but he ran out the house then came back with a gun and shot me in the leg then he grabbed the knife and stabbed me in my arms and my other leg 24 times. If you read this, and I am dead then please read the happiest one in my diary to me at my grave.
                                                        Love yours truly,
                                                                        Anna K.”

When I was in her room I heard a CRACK, like a window breaking. I went back into my room, and grabbed the gun. There he was……. HER EX-BOYFRIEND.
“What are you doing here?” I questioned 
“I want to tell you something.” He paused send looked around.
“I KILLED ANNA!” He said real quickly.
“WHAT? Are you serious?” Ashley looked surprised. But in the back of her head she knew it all along.
“It just happed so fast. I was in her room and I was drunk and I just start hitting her with my fist like I was a mad animal, and she started bleeding, so she hit me with the bat, and I got mad, so I pulled out my firearm and shot her in the leg and got my knife out and just start stabbing her. Then I rolled her up and put her by the Oak tree and just kicked her and she went into the river.”  He explained.
“Why would you do all that in the first place?”
He said, “I was to drunk.”
I said with an angry voice, “Well, you are going to ja…….”
The phone rang
“Hello?”
“Is this Ashley, Anna’s sister?”
Asked the doctor
“This is she.” She answered
“We need you here right away.
“Why? Isn’t she dead?”
“No we don’t think so. We think she came back!”
I hanged up the phone and was speeding to get my mom and then I was heading to the hospital.
“Ashley slow down you going to get in a wreck! SLOW DOWN!” Mom said.
“Mom, it is about Anna. We have to hurry? It sounded like good news about Anna.” She told her mom.
We arrived at the hospital at 7:30pm we walked in and go to the front desk and ask, “Can we talk to Anna’s doctor, please?”
“Yes, please wait, she will be out in a minute.”
She said with a smile on her face. We are waiting and waiting and waiting.
“Ashley Knows? Called the doctor.
“Yes ma’am?” she questioned
“Your sister……….
                                 She is ALIVE! We don’t know how after 1 gunshot to the leg and 24 stab wounds we don’t know how?”
We dropped to the floor and there was a relief that went over my shoulders.
“So um… when can I see my sister?” “Yes and my daughter?”
“Well you can see her right now if you wait. But I have to warn you, what you are about to see is something very mean and unbearable to see. She is still in pain and she is in a coma. So if I were you I would wait until 6-7 weeks passed by or I will call you when she wakes up.”
“Thank you doc. You have done an awesome job with yelping my sister and my mom’s daughter.” 

                              6 weeks later      
We got a call from the doc and she sounds very puzzled, “she is awake. But you won’t believe was she has seen.” We rush to the hospital trying to see what the doctor is talking about.
“Now what in the world are you talking about.”
“Watch and see. Anna what did u see in your sleep?”
“I see Ashley with the knife she was stabbing me non-stop. I asked her to stop but she didn’t. So I grabbed the bat and I start hitting her with it. So she grabbed the gun and shot me in my leg. Then she rolled me up and put me by the big Oak tree. I was still alive, I just couldn’t see or move.”
“ma’am is this true?”
“Okay yes I did it. I was just trying to get her boyfriend to get drunk so I can put something in his head. So take me to jail I don’t care.”
“Nurse”
“Yes?”
“Call the police and have her arrested.”
The police came and I didn’t care because I am not scared of them. They put me in handcuffs and told to get in the car.
My mom came and got Anna to take her home and they were watching pt. and saw me and they news person said,
“Hello American it is 10:00pm and we have a juice story for you don’t we Jennifer?
Jennifer- “yes we do on the fair east side of Mississippi there was a sister who to kill her own sister. We have report Bill out there where it happened. Bill what is going on.
Bill- “well there are reports on Ashley know for attempting to kill her sister. She had shot her sister in the right leg once and stabbed her 24 times in the arms, legs and chest area. Ashley tried to pen it on her sister’s ex-boyfriend by getting him drunk and putting things in his head. She is now in jail for attempted murder and assault send bacteria.”

                      19 MONTHS LATER
Bill – “Ashley has 69 years and 3 months in jail.”
Anna – “we are happy she is put away.
Now I can live my life and be happy.”