Devious Mother | Teen Ink

Devious Mother

By Gigiloverocks BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Gigiloverocks BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Dark clouds covering the sky completely. Rain was falling from the sky in giant drops, making it hard to see three feet ahead. Alistair Nickols the head of what used to be the NYPD but now is that abandoned building around the corner. He hasn’t been home in what he feels like forever but is really three days. His five o’clock shadow very much present and he just can’t catch a break. The same case for almost two months and still no leads on who murdered their revising officer Dan Shay. And the doped up killer or killers shot their persay goons or helpers to the drug crime so they also give us no leads or any evidence all except a dead officer. No leads and no real evidence equals a dead end case.
Dan’s wife Sherrie hasn’t been out that house since his death not because she’s mourning. She is sleeping with half the male population in this town. Some say she is just mourning in her own way but Alistair disagrees. Dan’s youngest son Lane is taking this the hardest and ever since Dan has died he hasn’t been the same. It seems he is the only one taking the death of his father to heart. His other two kids Kasey and Elias don’t even take account to their father being dead. Lane often stays at Alistair’s house since the incident it’s not like he has anyone at his home. Lane is the brightest boy Allister has ever known and he knows that if he doesn’t find out what happened to this kids dad let’s just say it will be of a problem then it is now.
~*~*~*~*~
The rain is starting to dropping faster like bullets being fired. It’s three in the morning, the coffee I had stone cold and the lights flickering on and off. My shirt stained with endless fast food and sweat. I take a sip of the cold coffee cringing at the taste and put the cup down. I’m the only one in the station telling everyone to go home. It’s not like they cared about the case anyway it’s like i’m the only one who truly cares that Dan was murdered. Dan to me was the most hardworking, caring, and loyal. Unlike anyone else here he was the best damn employee i’ve ever had. Everyone hated him because they think because he’s my brother he’s my favorite. And that’s not the case at all he was the one who worked the hardest and did his job correctly. Over the twenty five years he’s worked for the NYPD he’s showed true companionship and loyalty unlike my other workers.  The only clues we have after all that shooting is the men the druggie shot. I don’t know how i’m ever supposed to find my brothers killer without clues and or evidence.
Standing up and cracking my back my cellphone rings. There is only one person who would ever call my cellphone and that is my nephew Lane. I answer the phone and say,” Yes, Lane. Why are you calling me at almost four in the morning?” He says,” Uncle please help there someone in my house mama is gone and i don’t know where my brothers are i’m hiding in my closet on top of the shelf please hurry.” All while he was talking I was running to my car. I say,” Lane i need you to calm down just a little. I want you to make the less noise you can ok and I’m going to hang up so just stay where you are.” He says,” OK.” And then the line went dead. Jumping into my squad car i drove the fastest i could to Lane’s house.
I park the car as quiet as i can and get out with my AMT Automag 111 pistol on ready. The person in the house left the door open and a light on in the foyer. I stop dead in my tracks when I hear the everlasting sound of the person’s footsteps. The click and click of what sounds like high heels. Now that I think about it, it does smell more feminine than it usually does like cinnamon and jasmine flowers. I feel like i know that scent but can’t figure out who owns it. Lane is still trapped somewhere in his closet and there is a killer here trying to find him. I see her shadow and the smell gets stronger as I near her body. She turns her back and that’s when I pounce, jumping on her back and knocking her gun out of her hand. She only struggles for about two minutes until she turns under me and i get a good look at her face. To only be met with the patronizing face of Sherrie.
She smirks that ugly smirk of hers and I internally curse in my mind. I say,” Sherrie what are you doing? Why are you walking around your own house with a gun?” Anyone with half a brain will notice that this besides the pistol i hold she has the most lethal pistol there is. It’s the old but newest version of a hollows point the bullet can pierce through any skin leaving behind a few holes. Why would Sherrie be carrying that type of gun? I felt as if i already knew the answer but i wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She says,” Alistair you took your time but you’re finally here. Now help me find my disappointment of a son.” I look at her as if she ate a dog and then spit it back out in slow motion. My pistol at the ready I play along with the plan. I say,” Alright but I need you to give me the gun. You’re not trying to kill him are you?” She shakes her head no and hands me the gun. I release the breath of air I was holding.
When her back was turned i take the gun smacking it into her side. She falls with a thud gasping for air. I get on top of her holding her down and say,” What are doing? You trying to scare your son to be a man or something if so this is the worst way to do it.” She just laughs her creepy laugh and smiles that disgusting smile. She says,” Alistair I thought you were smarter than that to figure out that I killed Dan and my son is next.” I don’t even bother with the questions before i smack my gun to her head successfully knocking her out. Getting off of her i run into Lane’s room and look around not seeing him. I notice the window open and pray silently that he was still in the room. Looking into the closet i realize there is nothing no person nothing. Only thing left is the note on the ground. I pick it up confused. It read:
GAME OVER.

I just love making up stories it gives me a thrill i guess.