Je vais te Manger | Teen Ink

Je vais te Manger

By geminichick GOLD, Oakley, California
geminichick GOLD, Oakley, California

Everything was finally closing in. It had seemed like forever ago that all this madness had begun, when Lily had discovered that note in an old book, but it had only been a month. All the research, all the dangers, all the craziness, just from one note.

Lily Scarlet had found out everything she could on that note, of those words, je vais te manger. All of it had led her here, to this old hotel on the very outskirts of this town. All the strangeness and near death experiences with creatures of the dark had brought her to this place, the final place in which all will be answered. Lily will finally get all the answers, shrouded in mystery no more. She walked up to the hotel, bat and knives in hand, prepared for the worst.
“all or nothing. Lets do this.”
         She stepped in, the double doors, creaking, closed behind her as she took it all in. it was a relatively clean lobby, looking like it was straight out of the 70s. “this isn’t weird……. doesn’t look abandoned on the inside…” she thought, heading towards the stairs. One step up and a loud roar and creaking from high above, shook the whole building.
“The hell was that?” Lily slowly started again, the staircase seeming to never end.
          She got to the third floor, slowly making her way down the hall and past door after door, each one with a number or name. Everyone she tried was locked, but a few would emit strange noises. As she kept going from floor to floor, she discovered that some rooms were unlocked. Within them were great horrors, peoples greatest fears.  Lily soon figured this out as she continued up, wondering if there was a door with her name on it.
After going up many floors, she finally discovered what had roared, shaking the building. A great big, dark mass of a creature stood in the hallway, staring right at her. It emitted a loud growl, its beady eyes glowing red as it began to give chase. She ran fast, going up floors and through winding hallways. She would hide in the occasional room, never staying long. This went on for who knows how long, Lily always keeping caution as she wandered the halls………..
            It had been a long time since any sight of the beast. The occasional roar was heard, never sounding far-off. Lily had made it to the final floor, seeing the hallway was straight down, no turn-off in sight. Behind her, a roar could be heard very close by. She looked down the stairs to see the creature was almost upon her. Starting to make haste down the hall, Lily would look behind her to the beast had made it up the stairs, gaining on her. She eventually made it to the end of the hall, being a dead end.
Right there, Lily saw the one door with her name on it.
“So this is it. This is where my greatest fear lies……”
She spun around and saw the creature was almost upon her. She would have to make the biggest decision ever.
Face the beast of Hell or her greatest fear.
What would you choose?