Goodnight Sweet Light | Teen Ink

Goodnight Sweet Light

By ShiningLight BRONZE, Shullsburg, Wisconsin
ShiningLight BRONZE, Shullsburg, Wisconsin

A scream. Her mother screaming. Their house is on fire, the baby is left inside. She runs to save the child. Her mother has the child in her arms. Fear staining her face. She clutched the child harder. She hears whispers. She looks over. There is a shadow that disappears down the path. “I need to go.”, she tells her mother. She runs toward the shed and grabs her father’s dagger. She runs to the beginning of the path. “Hello?”, she calls, not knowing the danger of the path at night. “Come closer… Closer, child.”, A voice called. The voice sounded like her father, her father died in a car crash. “Impossible… He’s dead… Can it be?”, She murmured under her breath. “Lily! Lily! What’s going on?”, Her mother called. She didn’t hear her, she started down the path, to her demise. She hears screams, cries, and threats to eat her soul. She pushed through the voices. Until she was at the end of the path. The dark shadowy figure stood away from her. “We’ve been expecting you.”, the voice called. “Who are you? What did you do with my father? Why did you set my house on fire?”, She questioned. “You ask too many questions child.”. “Who are you?”, she called. The figure chuckled. The chuckle turned into a laugh. The laugh seemed like it would never end. The laughter was cold and dead. It caused her head to pound and she started to fall to the ground. Covering her ears. “Why, I’m you.”, The figure called and turned around revealing its face. Black blood dripping from it’s mouth and blacked out eyes. The figures face was the exact same as hers. “Hahahahah! You are me and I am you. YOU ARE THE MONSTER THAT KILLED YOUR FATHER.”, The figure screamed. She dropped the dagger. “No...no… It wasn’t me.”, she screamed. Fear covering her face. She runs toward the exit, but it was blocked. “Don’t worry you’ll be with him soon.”, the figure chuckled. “Good night sweet light. You were the monster”